Nintendo’s new Switch bundle line-ups announced, includes Animal Crossing editions and free games

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Nintendo has announced a series of new Switch and Switch Lite console bundles.

The bundles, which are coming to North America on October 6 and Europe on October 20, include the standard edition hardware and come with a download code for a free game.

Europe, meanwhile, is getting a Nintendo Switch Sports Bundle, which also features a standard red and blue Switch console and a three-month membership for Nintendo Switch Online, but includes a digital copy of Nintendo Switch Sports instead of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Both regions will also be getting two Nintendo Switch Lite bundles – each of these come with a free digital copy of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and each has a new Animal Crossing design.

The Isabelle’s Aloha Edition is a pink Switch Lite console, while the Timmy & Tommy’s Aloha Edition is blue. Both have an Animal Crossing leaf logo on the front of the console and a leaf pattern on the back.

switch-lite-pink.jpg

switch-lite-blue.jpg

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Lol, Mario Kart 8 has been free with the Switch for years.
Both times I bought my Switch came with a Mario Kart, one digital pack in, one seperate. Both the same price as a Switch without a game

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Great, more shit for me to buy. Also, isn't that Mario Kart just the Mario Pick One minus the stickers and with no chhoice? Lame move, dudes...

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I dont see the point in buying a switch now unless you really need one and dont have one already as we know "switch 2" will most likely come out next year.

Reactions: JAHGamer

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I dont see the point in buying a switch now unless you really need one and dont have one already as we know "switch 2" will most likely come out next year.
People like you have been saying that for about four years now.

Keep fucking that chicken, eventually you’ll be right.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Looks like Nintendo is doing everything they can to surpass the PS2 😳 if the Switch doesn’t then I believe the Switch 2 definitely will, as long as they don’t make a ton of significant errors like Sony has with the PS5.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Looks like Nintendo is doing everything they can to surpass the PS2 😳 if the Switch doesn’t then I believe the Switch 2 definitely will, as long as they don’t make a ton of significant errors like Sony has with the PS5.
Nah, they are just moving inventory for the new model.

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
Nintendo doesn't care about being the best seller in unit sales because that metric isn't really important for a company like Nintendo. Ultimately, profits are the most important metric for them to gouge the success of the Nintendo Switch. Nintendo Switch has made over $20 billion in profits, which is over ten times higher than PS2, over two times higher than PS4, and higher than Wii and NDS combined.

Operating profits
PS2 - $2.2 billion
Wii - $10.56 billion
NDS - $11.04 billion
PS4 - $11.33 billion
Switch - $23.36 billion

6lNmVEg.jpg

Safe to say MK8D made more profits for Nintendo than the entire PS2 ecosystem for Sony.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Zzero

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
Incorrect, they do care and yes it is important
If they really care about the Switch being the best-selling gaming hardware, then the current MSRP for all models should be significantly lowered compared to current prices.

It clearly indicates Nintendo prioritises more profits over more unit sales.

I need to mention this again to show how successful is the Switch vs PS2.

PS2 - $2.2 billion profits.
Switch - $23.36 billion profits and it's likely to end up closer to $30 billion profits and the end of its lifetime.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
If they really care about the Switch being the best-selling gaming hardware, then the current MSRP for all models should be significantly lowered compared to current prices.

It clearly indicates Nintendo prioritises more profits over more unit sales.

I need to mention this again to show how successful is the Switch vs PS2.

PS2 - $2.2 billion profits.
Switch - $23.36 billion profits and it's likely to end up closer to $30 billion profits and the end of its lifetime.
No need to drop the price when it's still selling well, I'm sure if sales declined they would've done a discount. Plus there are a ton of "unofficial" Switch sales that help, and the game bundles are also a discount in a way, Switch and a free $60 game essentially makes it $240.

Idk why you're mentioning profits, I never said it was one or the other, they can have both! And they want both. But too bad they won't break the PS2s software record of over 1.5 billion sales.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023

It is projected to soon be the best selling console of all time.
No need to drop the price when it's still selling well, I'm sure if sales declined they would've done a discount. Plus there are a ton of "unofficial" Switch sales that help, and the game bundles are also a discount in a way, Switch and a free $60 game essentially makes it $240.

Idk why you're mentioning profits, I never said it was one or the other, they can have both! And they want both. But too bad they won't break the PS2s software record of over 1.5 billion sales.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

It is projected to soon be the best selling console of all time.
It's very possible, especially if they keep counting sales into the Switch 2 gen like how Sony did for the PS2->PS3. And if it doesn't, then the Switch 2 will, as long as they don't bring in idiots like Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst. PS5 also had potential to outsell the PS2 until they came into the picture

Reactions: Snes nes