Nixxes Software - Studio Profile

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Don't take me opinion as harsh but are they do? PC ports only.
So for me they are a non PlayStation Studio.

Maybe one day they do original conent to PlayStation but right now they look to me like a dispensable studio that adds nothing to PS portifolio.

It weird to have a studio and not have it doing 1st-party games 🤷‍♂️

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

It's been awhile since we got one of those.
Nixxes is one of Sony's best 1st party studios.
Cool video, it would be nice to see similar ones from their other studios.

Maybe one day they do original conent to PlayStation but right now they look to me like a dispensable studio that adds nothing to PS portifolio.

The idea is to have Nixxes and other external porting teams doing most of the job of the PC ports, so other PlayStation Studio teams like Insomniac can focus only in making new 1st-party games for console and not wasting time in ports.

Bluepoint said they stopped making remasters and remakes, and moved to work in new games, being God of War Ragnarok the first new game where they worked. So now it's more important to have someone like Nixxes focused on ports and remasters.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

They are a great studio and they don't need to make games to be an asset. They'll also be assisting with game development of other 1st party games eventually.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They are a great studio and they don't need to make games to be an asset. They'll also be assisting with game development of other 1st party games eventually.
I will be the first to praise them when (if) they become a Game Studio and delivery good games.
For now they are not that.

OP
OP
Sleepy Brown

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022

Sony bought them to make PC ports and remasters.
All they did, since Sony bought them, is working on 1st party games.
It is support studio. Not 1st party per se..
They are doing PC ports and remasters. They are officially a Sony 1st party studio under the "PlayStation Studios" umbrella.
It's not a studio..... it's a few guys doing ports.

The ports have been selling shit and are hurting playstation, only people who want bad outcomes for PlayStation like Nixxes and what they do.
It's a Sony "PlayStation Studios" 1st party studio.
The ports are making money and more people can play Sony 1st party games. Which is great. Not everyone wants or can afford a high-end console as their second system.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I will be the first to praise them when (if) they become a Game Studio and delivery good games.
For now they are not that.
They don't need to become a game studio to be praised. They are a good support studio and have done fantastic work well over a decade now.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
It was a smart acquisition. Free 1st party studio time from porting and let experts do it. ND dumbasses should have used them for TLOU part 1 PC and Uncharted.

I see nixxes as a studio brought to bridge and preserve Sony's legacy. Just look at Nintendo yesterday. Luigi's mansion 2, Mario RPG Pimkin 1 and 2... Nintendo celebrates all their history since 1983. Keeps good care of their legacy. Old titles from Wii u kept the switch alive during the first half of it's lifecycle.

Modern Sony for some reason seems to pretend Playstation started in 2016. If your best solution for legacy titles is to keep an old PS3 plugged or use a subpar streaming service only available in a handful of countries you are doing it wrong.

Have nixxes slowly but surely port those games to PS5 and PC. Killzone, Resistance, Infamous, heavenly sword, all the R&C games, Motorstorm and many more. Nothing fancy, just 4k 60 16x AF and some texture work where possible.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Have nixxes slowly but surely port those games to PS5 and PC. Killzone, Resistance, Infamous, heavenly sword, all the R&C games, Motorstorm and many more. Nothing fancy, just 4k 60 16x AF and some texture work where possible.
This is a pipedream. Let's be real legacy preservation died the day Ken Kutaragi stepped down.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It was a smart acquisition. Free 1st party studio time from porting and let experts do it. ND dumbasses should have used them for TLOU part 1 PC and Uncharted.

I see nixxes as a studio brought to bridge and preserve Sony's legacy. Just look at Nintendo yesterday. Luigi's mansion 2, Mario RPG Pimkin 1 and 2... Nintendo celebrates all their history since 1983. Keeps good care of their legacy. Old titles from Wii u kept the switch alive during the first half of it's lifecycle.

Modern Sony for some reason seems to pretend Playstation started in 2016. If your best solution for legacy titles is to keep an old PS3 plugged or use a subpar streaming service only available in a handful of countries you are doing it wrong.

ND choose to port themselves because their engine are very specific to what they needs and so external studios without knolodge in their engine have a hard time to port it.

That is not true only to ND... most of hard work in Spider-man ports were done by Insomniac themselves and not Nixxes.
That basically breakes the ideia to have a port developers that ends needing the first-party studio to do the work.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
The worst thing to ever happen to PlayStation. People saying they're Sony's best studio are sad sods seriously suffering from severe brain rot.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Yet all I see from Naughty Dog is pc patch bs these days. Wtf are they actually doing?

OP
OP
Sleepy Brown

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
But have you been told that bluepoint were actually talking about God of War when they said they were working on a new game?
They said the are working on "original content" for their next game.
Supporting Santa Monica Studio with the PS4 version for God of War Ragnarok is a totally different story.