“No Chance” for Persona 3 Portable Female Protagonist to be Added to Persona 3 Reload, Says Persona Series Producer

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Following the announcement of the Persona 3 Reload Expansion Pass, with the final wave being the long fan-requested remake of The Answer from Persona 3 FES, producer Kazuhisa Wada was interviewed by the Japanese outlet Famitsu.

Various facets of the upcoming Expansion Pass, most notably Episode Aigis -The Answer—are discussed. However, the interviewer also asks about the numerous fan requests for the female protagonist from Persona 3 Portable to be implemented. Unfortunately, Wada outright denies this possibility, saying that while they initially considered plans to include her, the development costs for such a task would’ve been even greater than Episode Aigis. Consequently, this addition never came to fruition.

You can view a translation of this quoted exchange below via Persona Central:

I would like to take this opportunity to ask a question. I’ve heard a lot of requests from fans that they wish that the female protagonist from Persona 3 Portable would be included in the remake. Is there a possibility that this will be added in the future?

Wada:
I feel bad for the female protagonist, but unfortunately there is no chance of that happening. Of course we also considered plans to include her, but the hurdles were too high. It was expected to take a long development period and would have cost several times more than Episode Aigis. Additionally, we as the Persona Team need to work on completely new titles in addition to remakes. Our staff are working to ensure that there are future developments you can look forward to, so we appreciate your understanding.

You can view the full Famitsu interview for additional comments.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Full priced rerelease, called Persona 3 Reload Golden Royal will have her and the DLC

Reactions: Box