No Man’s Sky celebrates its 7th Anniversary with its largest update of the year: Echoes

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
c8304479bd6399ec06d1df408a07349de16e82bf.jpeg

New robot race

In Echoes, travelers will discover a never-before-seen, long-hidden race of robots with rich new story content–engaging in robot assignments and rituals to earn a huge array of mechanical parts to create their own robotic avatar.

New pirate freighters bring huge space battles to the universe. Defend fleets from pirates. Fly through enemy trenches to sabotage their shields, and destroy them!

Players can search out and assemble their own sci-fi ceremonial staff. Level these up with unique technology to mine and battle your way through the universe.

Travelers can now search for, trade, and scrap weapons, allowing players to become Multi-tool scrap merchants. Travelers can also choose from a wider array of weapons and tools, including the staff and a new powerful Atlas weapon.

Chronicle your journey

This year we introduced the ability to store a catalog of player’s most wondrous discoveries. A new holographic museum allows you to decorate and display your favorite weird and wonderful discoveries in your base for others to visit and see.

The Voyagers expedition starts soon for the adventurers who seek to explore the universe and catalog its marvels. Together with a Twitch Drops campaign this brings a host of new content and rewards for players.

Improved quality dynamics on PS VR2

Rendering quality, stability and performance has improved across the board in this update. In particular, for PS VR2 players, foveated rendering brings a large quality improvement throughout the game. Whether you’re standing on a vista overlooking a planetary landscape, or marveling at the beauty and expanse of the solar system, the virtual universe has never looked better.

These are just a few of the things that PlayStation players can look forward to when diving into the Echoes update today.

It has already been a pretty busy year for the small No Man’s Sky team with the launch of the Fractal and Interceptor updates, along with the major Singularity expedition. Fittingly Echoes marks our 7th anniversary by making our universe more exciting, dangerous and interesting to explore. No Man’s Sky Echoes is out now on PS5, PS4, PS VR2, and PS VR.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I still have yet to try this game, i really should give it a go

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Just in time!!

FOVEATED RENDERING FOR PSVR2​

Utilising eye-tracking technology, this advanced rendering technique boosts resolution and detail at the centre of your vision, sharpening and beautifying the things you focus on.

ECHOES: INTRODUCING UPDATE 4.4​

Meet a secret society of robotic aliens in update 4.4, ECHOES! Furthering the narrative introduced in INTERCEPTOR, explore the mysteries of the Autophage, perform their rituals, learn their language, and assemble your own ceremonial staff. In deep space, confront huge outlaw dreadnoughts, sweep through their trenches and destroy vulnerable components in new tactical space combat – and much more!I

MECHANICAL LIFEFORMS​

Uncover the Autophage, a long-hidden civilisation of robotic beings. With bodies cobbled together from scrap metal and salvaged technology, these wandering constructs appear in a huge variety of styles – from slender pipe-wrought robots to hefty cloth-draped machines.

OUTLAW CAPITAL SHIPS​

In the darkness of deep space, fearsome Pirate Dreadnoughts cruise between the stars and terrorise merchant fleets. Confront them to rescue the civilians from certain death!

MULTI-TOOL SALVAGING​

Become a Multi-Tool salvage hunter with the new Multi-Tool Decommissioning Terminal aboard the Space Anomaly. Refine your collection and earn valuable upgrades and salvage material by dismantling surplus weaponry.

THEY WHO RETURNED​

Join minds with Priest Entity Nada to investigate, meet, and perhaps befriend the mysterious robotic Autophage. A guided mission chain brings many hours of narrative and adventure, exploring the origin of these secretive constructs and what it means for the universe as a whole.

STARSHIP COMBAT DEPTH​

Maximise your starship’s capabilities by diverting power to engines, shields, or weapons – depending on your current combat situation. Supercharge your engines to close in on your enemies at top speed, then obliterate them with max-powered weapons!

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
@TubzGaming please merge with Eldens previous post, thanks or maybe no need to since this is focused on Foveated Rendering news on psvr2. Either way do as you see fit.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This is huge, it looked like garbage. Will fire up asap
Yeah seems like a chunky update. Please let us know. I'm saving my vr feet for firewall and don't want to fire up No Mans because that's too much of a time sink and I don't want to be distracted from Firewall.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Is this game fun at this point? I bought it and tried it when it released. I don't think it's even the same thing now.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Is this game fun at this point? I bought it and tried it when it released. I don't think it's even the same thing now.

Yeah I want to know as well. Was extremely hyped for it when released but when I had the chance to play it it was not my cup of tea.

Lots of emphasis on crafting and inventory management. Not sure if the current version of the game is more campaign/action oriented.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
It's gotten much better for quite a while now.
Latest updates have already exceeded the original promise. And every update, no matter how much content, has been provided at no extra charge.