Non-public alpha build of Horizon Forbidden West with complete debug enabled Decima engine has leaked

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Disclaimer: neither myself or IconEra have leaked this content, and the administration will be more than happy to delete this thread of requested by Guerrilla or Sony.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Game Reaction GIF by Guerrilla

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It means that the PS4 version of the Decima Engine can now be partially reserve engineered.
Well, it can be reverse engineered like any other pirated game. As far as I know it doesn't include any source code or anything that makes it easier to reverse engineer it.

It's an unfinished build of the game (alpha), meaning that it's almost the final games but with a ton of bugs, a lot of unpolished and uptimized stuff and a lot of placeholders and unfinished things.

And as usual in builds made for testers, by pressing a certan button combination it activates a special debug mode that I assume enables or disables the display of a few stats like memory usage or fps, or certain error messages, or to make a memory dump, or to enable or disable things like visible collision boxes and stuff like that, or to move to certain places of the game, or to active stuff like god mode/infinite health/etd, any stuff that will depend for each game and may help testers to spot bugs or to help replicate and fix them.