Nvidia Adds Final Fantasy XVI Game-Ready Drivers, Release Soon?

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
final-fantasy-xvi-pc.jpg

The PC release of Square Enix’s action role-playing game, Final Fantasy XVI, is imminent, as the game’s Nvidia Game Ready profile has been discovered.
Nvidia has released Game Ready and Studio Driver 560.81 for its GPUs, and among the notes is mention of a game ready profile for Final Fantasy XVI. While it wasn’t listed in the official driver release notes, Reddit user m_w_h discovered a game ready driver profile for Final Fantasy XVI among the added profiles.

Final fantasy xvi pc

The presence of a game ready driver profile for Final Fantasy XVI in the new driver update suggests that the PC version is close to its release. It’s likely that Square Enix will make an announcement in this regard in the days to come, or it may even choose to shadow drop the game on Steam.

Source

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Probably it is over a year already.
The timed exclusive was six months. The director explained that they didn't expect to have the PC version right after the 6 months window as Sony's engineers helped optimise for PS5. It turned out to be a true statement.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I'm very interested in playing this game on PC, since that way I can play it on both my desktop and my Legion Go.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
The timed exclusive was six months. The director explained that they didn't expect to have the PC version right after the 6 months window as Sony's engineers helped optimise for PS5. It turned out to be a true statement.
This is why people were being unrealistic in expecting FF7 Rebirth in 2023. Will be well into 2025.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Good for those who waited. I doesn't seem like ps5 performance (which was p-terrible) will ever be addressed without the pro model.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
This is probably going to be announced at Gamescom.
Yoshida is already going there for FFXIV, might as well do double duty.

Yoshi-P is usually pretty honest and frank, so if he says something, he pretty much means it as is. Within limits, of course.
He's not the typical "Please be excited/ I can't say much, but look forward to it" type of producer/exec.

I'm sure Sony is probably pretty happy about that. Same with FF7Rebirth, they get to pay for X months and get a better deal than they thought. Although I imagine that moving forward, with the direction that their new CEO wants, multiplatform development will be likely be more of a priority within the production timeline. But the entire strategy is going to take years to implement(3 years per the slide, IIRC).

That's a problem for future Square Enix, though.

Good for those who waited. I doesn't seem like ps5 performance (which was p-terrible) will ever be addressed without the pro model.

Depending on the quality of the port(SE's track record with that is quite mixed) it could very well be the definitive version.
But again, SE's PC ports is like playing Russian roulette, you never know what you're getting, and sometimes you get hit with something pretty bad.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon