Nvidia Earnings: Stock Rallies As AI Giant Reports 600% Profit Explosion, 10-For-1 Stock Split

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Nvidia reported $6.12 earnings per share and $26 billion of sales for the three-month period ending April 30, shattering mean analyst forecasts of $5.60 and $24.59 billion, according to FactSet.
Nvidia’s profits and revenues skyrocketed by 628% and 268% compared to 2023’s comparable period, respectively.
This was Nvidia’s most profitable and highest sales quarter ever, topping the quarter ending this January’s record $12.3 billion net income and $22.1 billion revenue.
Driving the numerous superlatives for Nvidia’s financial growth over the last year is unsurprisingly its AI-intensive datacenter division, which raked in $22.6 billion of revenue last quarter, a 427% year-over-year increase and a whopping 20 times higher than the $1.1 billion the segment brought in in 2020.
Nvidia also announced it will conduct a 10-for-1 stock split June 7, which would trim its share price from about $950 to $95 while maintaining the company’s total valuation, enabling investors and employees to more affordably purchase whole shares.
Nvidia’s stock popped 4% immediately after the release, sitting at what would be an all-time high in regular trading hours.
H3BhumO.png

• Informative
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
AI stocks are in a bubble right now, if I was doing that kind of investing I would probably buy some and try to let go before the unavoidable fall.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Congrats to anyone who had a sizable amount of stocks pre 2020 and has held on to them.

AI stocks are in a bubble right now, if I was doing that kind of investing I would probably buy some and try to let go before the unavoidable fall.

People have been hearing that Nvidia actually lost a lot of long time senior engineers in recent years and are experiencing brain drain because they're all retiring with 10-20M in stocks. Those 40s-50s guys are like: yeah I think I'm done.