NVIDIA RTX 4090 cannot run Remnant 2 with 60fps at Native 4K/Ultra

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Remnant-2-feature-1038x576.jpg

Remnant 2 is powered by Unreal Engine 5, meaning that it’s one of the first games using Epic’s latest engine. Moreover, the game supports DLSS 2/3, as well as XeSS and FSR 2.0. NVIDIA previously claimed that the game would only support DLSS 2, so the inclusion of DLSS 3 Frame Generation is a pleasant surprise.

For initial 4K tests, the game was benchmarked the starting area and the Ward 13 safe zone. The second area features numerous NPCs, so, in theory, it should provide reliable results for the rest of the game.

As you can see, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 cannot run Remnant 2 with 60fps at native 4K and Ultra Settings:

Remnant-2-4K-benchmarks.png

At Native 4K/Ultra, the RTX 4090 pushes an average of 40fps. By enabling DLSS 2 Quality, you get constant 60fps at 4K/Ultra. And then, by enabling DLSS 3 Frame Generation, we get an additional 45-50% performance boost.

The game also suffers from some weird visual artifacts. You can clearly see the artifacts on the blades of grass in the video we’ve captured (while moving the camera). These artifacts are usually caused by an upscaling technique. However, even without any upscaler, the game still has these visual glitches/bugs.\

To its credit, the game can be a looker. Gunfire has used a lot of high-quality textures, and there are some amazing global illumination effects. However, its main characters are nowhere close to what modern-day triple-A games can achieve. And, while the game looks miles better than its predecessor, it does not justify its ridiculously high GPU requirements.

Via DSOGaming

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I will be more than happy if Ps5 version has a rock solid 60fps at 1440p. Hope it’s close to that at least. Looking forward to next week because I’m definitely not doing this early access fake pre release tax scam nonsense that they’re pulling with this just like Diablo.

I’m definitely not gonna drink this UE5 kool-aid. Unreal Engine has always meant mid indie shooter to me… still does.

Crazy thing is tho… now they let you develop games in the Fortnite Engine (which is UE5).

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Are game developers drinking and doing coke on the job these days? This doesn't look better than the ps4 version of last of us or Gears 5.

• haha
Reactions: PlacidusaX

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
PC gamers are so dramatic, and i say that as someone moving to the platform. 40fps is perfectly fine for running a UE5 game at 4k. Do players think those extra pixels come for free?

• angry
Reactions: KnittedKnight

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
If the game runs like that on a 4090 figure how its going to run on a console... This game has no business being that demanding across every platform.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
DLSS killed PC gaming, devs don’t care about optimizing games anymore and just let dlss/FSR do all the legwork.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
PC gamers are so dramatic, and i say that as someone moving to the platform. 40fps is perfectly fine for running a UE5 game at 4k. Do players think those extra pixels come for free?
Console gamers get mad about 40fps, someone that spent $1600 on a GPU alone has the right to be mad about it too

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
For reference a 4090 can run the best games at 8k DLSS quality over 30 FPS easily. Even the last of us part 1 which is one of the worst PC ports of all time.

So there's something wrong with this game in particular. Wouldnt surprise me if it hits 720p lows when enabling dynamic resolution on console like Jedi Survivor did. Either way it's unacceptable for such a mid looking game.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
For reference a 4090 can run the best games at 8k DLSS quality over 30 FPS easily. Even the last of us part 1 which is one of the worst PC ports of all time.

So there's something wrong with this game in particular. Wouldnt surprise me if it hits 720p lows when enabling dynamic resolution on console like Jedi Survivor did. Either way it's unacceptable for such a mid looking game.
Last of us part 1 wasn't a terrible pc port, people just kept trying to run it on shit hardware. Tell nvidia to stop giving video cards with 8gb vram

• haha
Reactions: Systemshock2023

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
4k native at 40 fps is higher res and frames than this will run on a PS5. The game was designed to be upscaled, so the DLSS performance is fine. If you want easy to run games then go play a ps2 or something.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Unreal Engine 5 proves again and again that it has poor performance and bad visual artifacts.
Horizon Forbidden West and Ragnarok looks way better and runs at higher resolutions and stable performance without artifacts. In house engines are the best.