Octopath Traveler appears to have been delisted from Switch eShop in the US

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Maybe caused by the publishing rights reverting from Nintendo back to Square Enix. Probably temporary.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Therion's fucking purple chests were a mechanic ripped straight from DK64. I wouldn't care if you could switch party members on the fly but you can't and have to go bavk to town if you don't otherwise always have him in your party. I also found the combat to be a slog.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Nintendo was blocking it from PlayStation but not Xbox.

Hopefully Square publish it on Playstation.
I figured it was the other way around but yeah i could see Nintendo having enough pull with SE to get that to happen.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Nintendo was blocking it from PlayStation but not Xbox.

Hopefully Square publish it on Playstation.
Nintendo didn't think of them when drawing up the banned platforms. They were shocked when they heard of the Xbox

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Never played it, is it fun?
It's like an 8.5-9/10 old school jrpg. Visuals are gorgeous, music is great, combat is refined. Late game can be pretty challenging and requires level grinding so it might not be for everyone, and the story is... fine, a bit hit or miss and disjointed since you can do any of the 8 characters stories in any order

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's like an 8.5-9/10 old school jrpg. Visuals are gorgeous, music is great, combat is refined. Late game can be pretty challenging and requires level grinding so it might not be for everyone, and the story is... fine, a bit hit or miss and disjointed since you can do any of the 8 characters stories in any order
Nice, thnks.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I figured it was the other way around but yeah i could see Nintendo having enough pull with SE to get that to happen.
It could be also Microsoft behind it, for not dropping on PS. Remember it was for two years in GP and left in 2023 March 23. Nintendo had only publishing rights for Switch not other platform. But maybe there was an excluding agreement for PS.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
They need to bring that to PS4/5 because it's so unusual that the sequel is there without it.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I wonder if we will ever see this on PS?
Shouldnt be so hard to find out who is blocking it. Xbox or Nintendo