official from xbox 75% of xbox sales are series s

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
my man @Welfare still trying to push the supply shortage narrative despite the fact that Microsoft itself (who would have access to production run numbers, supply chain info, etc) forecasted a 40% higher-than-actual sales rate for the X.

What a complete farce, please just give it up dude. Your theory was bunk, it's ok to be wrong.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
3/4 is series S
and only 1/4 X

so 75% of xbox owners still play in 1080p

full.png

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
my man @Welfare still trying to push the supply shortage narrative despite the fact that Microsoft itself (who would have access to production run numbers, supply chain info, etc) forecasted a 40% higher-than-actual sales rate for the X.

What a complete farce, please just give it up dude. Your theory was bunk, it's ok to be wrong.
They also payed for priority to semi conductors lol

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I asked a lady at customer service why she was returning the Series X and she said that her kids prefer the S since it’s cheaper and they were paying for it. They seemingly did not care about the power difference which is respectable.

I’m all for giving people the choice because there’s always going to be a more powerful PC available than any console. Given the lack of PS5 exclusives I pretty much look at the PS4 as Sony’s S model. The base model PS5 will take it’s spot when the Pro comes out, so I don’t understand the attitudes about how Xbox handles this. It’s very transparent and seems to work for people.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Banjo64 from Neogaf said it perfectly IMO:

"Should have made it 6-8tf, all digital, 16gb of fast RAM and made that the only SKU.

They’ve just gone with the worst of both worlds here. A premium machine that’s outstripped by both PS5 models and a cheaper machine that’s handicapped by a poor RAM configuration and underpowered GPU.

There’s nothing saying they have to compete with Sony spec wise. Just release a good £349 machine instead."

I agree 100 percent. Despite what the twitter AI Bots say, MS does in fact care about sales. Today a few emails surfaced where Satya himself asked about market share in the US and another said they can "keep up the momentum" when ps5 spiked the price. (What momentum?)

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I agree 100 percent. Despite what the twitter AI Bots say, MS does in fact care about sales. Today a few emails surfaced where Satya himself asked about market share in the US and another said they can "keep up the momentum" when ps5 spiked the price. (What momentum?)
There is none. Not to mention the price hike did nothing to PS5. In fact, sales surged even after that.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

@Michael Frails

Sony's games don't suffer from being tied to a potato and some, like the SM2, are exclusive to PS5.

Jesus, why is the Xbox fanbase this focused on just downplaying any negatives and make themselves look like idiots in the process? You do realise that criticism doesn't make you less of a fan, right? I'd argue it makes you more of one.
Do all games on Xbox Series X look and play worse across the board or what?

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023

This is sell in, meaning Microsoft wanted to ship 35 Series X for every 100 Xbox's. They could only ship 25 out of 100.

April 2022 still had shortages. The Series X was in short supply in April 2022. Next you're going to tell me that there were no shortages in 2021. Pandemic never happened according to anonpuffs.

Here's a handy thread that details the supply of Xbox Series and PS5 from 2020 and 2022. https://www.installbaseforum.com/forums/threads/ps5-xbs-stock-watch-2023-and-beyond.24/