Official: PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for October: The Callisto Protocol, Farming Simulator 22, Weird West

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

September 27, 2023

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for October: The Callisto Protocol, Farming Simulator 22, Weird West​

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for October: The Callisto Protocol, Farming Simulator 22, Weird West

All playable October 3.
pslogo.png

Adam MichelDirector, Content Acquisition & Operations, SIE
A new month means a new PlayStation Plus Monthly Games lineup. October’s titles of The Callisto Protocol, Farming Simulator 22 and Weird West will be available to PlayStation Plus members on Tuesday, October 3 until Monday November 6. Let’s take a closer look at each game.

The Callisto Protocol | PS5, PS4

In this narrative-driven, third-person survival horror set 300 years in the future, take on the role of Jacob Lee – a victim of fate thrown into Black Iron Prison, a maximum-security penitentiary located on Jupiter’s moon, Callisto. When inmates begin to transform into monstrous creatures, the prison is thrown into chaos. To survive, Jacob must battle his way to safety to escape Black Iron Prison, while uncovering the dark and disturbing secrets buried beneath the surface of Callisto. Using a unique blend of shooting and close-quarters combat, Jacob will need to adapt his tactics to combat the rapidly evolving creatures while scavenging to unlock new weapons, gear, and abilities to outrun the growing threat and escape the horrors of Jupiter’s Dead Moon.

Farming Simulator 22 | PS5, PS4

Take on the role of a modern farmer and creatively build your farm in three diverse American and European environments. Farming Simulator 22 offers a huge variety of farming operations focusing on agriculture, animal husbandry and forestry – now with the exciting addition of seasonal cycles!
More than 400 machines and tools from over 100 real agricultural brands like John Deere, CLAAS, Case IH, New Holland, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Valtra and many more are included to sow and harvest crops like wheat, corn, potatoes and cotton. New machine categories and crops add new gameplay mechanics to the experience. Run your farm cooperatively in multiplayer and extend the game by a multitude of free community-created modifications. Farming Simulator 22 offers more player freedom than ever before and challenges you to become a successful farmer – so start farming and let the good times grow!

Weird West | PS5, PS4

Discover a dark fantasy reimagining of the Wild West where lawmen and gunslingers share the frontier with fantastical creatures, each playing with their own rules and their own peculiar motives in this isometric action RPG. The game supports different styles of play in a simulated sandbox world where characters, factions, and even places react to a player’s decisions, and players are faced with brutal choices and consequences that can’t be undone – including death. Discover the world through origin stories of different characters, moving from one character’s journey to the next until all converge in a final chapter.

Last chance to download September’s Monthly Games

PlayStation Plus members have until October 2 to add Saints Row, Black Desert – Traveler Edition and Generation Zero to their game library.

PlayStation Plus Spotify Playlist

Also, check out our PlayStation Plus monthly games-inspired playlist on Spotify, which will be refreshed with new songs every month

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
With Saints Row and now Callisto Protocol, is PSPlus being used kinda like a safety net?

If they games don't do well, they end up on PSPlus within a year.... and the devs get some cash back in their pockets to hopefully continue on.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
With Saints Row and now Callisto Protocol, is PSPlus being used kinda like a safety net?

If they games don't do well, they end up on PSPlus within a year.... and the devs get some cash back in their pockets to hopefully continue on.
Im OK with tht as some games don't do well but are hidden gems.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Oh, me too!

I think sometimes it's nice to have a mechanism there to save a studio or project that didn't hit the popularity they expected.
Definitely! So many studios we wished lived on such as Zipper, Evolution, etc anything to help them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Weird West is from ex-Arkane devs that left after all their games flopped. Could be interesting.

Great month for Essential as usual 👌

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Another banger month, fuck the haters
They've been having alot of solid months lately. Definitely worth it. If I didn't care about playing the newest games I'd be OK just playing the games off the service.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Ezekiel

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Already own Callisto but was thinking of buying Weird West. Sony needs to start adding some VR2 games in PS Plus

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m enjoying Callisto protocol quite a bit in its opening moments. And it’s also a stunning looking game in performance mode as well. Looking forward to playing some more.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I’m enjoying Callisto protocol quite a bit in its opening moments. And it’s also a stunning looking game in performance mode as well. Looking forward to playing some more.
It’s a good old fashioned no nonsense style of game. No getting lost, no backtracking. Just atmosphere and momentum.

Reactions: Box and Gamernyc78

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
It’s a good old fashioned no nonsense style of game. No getting lost, no backtracking. Just atmosphere and momentum.

It might’ve just gotten slammed by not satisfying modern game critic bullet point checklist requirements trash standards. I can see that. I don’t want to say I’m instantly loving it (but I kinda am). I’m willing to see it thru. I need a shorter game at the moment.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
It might’ve just gotten slammed by not satisfying modern game critic bullet point checklist requirements trash standards. I can see that. I don’t want to say I’m instantly loving it (but I kinda am). I’m willing to see it thru. I need a shorter game at the moment.
It clearly has undercooked verity. That’s its obvious shortcoming - but it doesn’t take away from what’s there. This is why a sequel could have built on what’s there and been amazing.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

The only issue is the combat after the patch is so easy to exploit, the dodge mechanic is too OP since the enemies come at you one by one.

The story, Atmosphere and production values are top notch though

Last edited:
Reactions: Shmunter

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Really digging Callisto Protocol. The setting and presentation... Gameplay is fine. Reminds me of The Order in some ways. I should’ve prefaced with saying that I kinda loved The Order for what it was…

Great ps plus drop as far as I’m concerned. Honestly really pleasantly surprised … I miss games like this. Also one of the best looking games I’ve seen running on my ps5 so far too.

Oh it’s not 200 plus hours and filled with surface level rpg mechanics … oh no

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Really digging Callisto Protocol. The setting and presentation... Gameplay is fine. Reminds me of The Order in some ways. I should’ve prefaced with saying that I kinda loved The Order for what it was…

Great ps plus drop as far as I’m concerned. Honestly really pleasantly surprised … I miss games like this. Also one of the best looking games I’ve seen running on my ps5 so far too.

Oh it’s not 200 plus hours and filled with surface level rpg mechanics … oh no
I need to try Callisto