[Opinion] PS Plus Extra is way more enticing than GamePass Standard

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
and the same serves for PS Plus Essential in comparison to GamePass Core, but Extra is a bit more interesting, for 135 dollars per year you have access to the game catalog compared to the 180 dollars of GamePass Standard, so 2 of the 3 tiers of PS Plus are better than 2 of the 3 tiers of GamePass, and PS Plus isn't even Sony's focus for their platform

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Always was.

Gamepass never had anything on the likes of Demon's Souls, Returnal, Horizon Forbidden West, Uncharted 4, God of War, Bloodborne, etc. Third-party offerings of Extra have always been comparable to what Xbox was offering.

Gamepass was all about day one games, but those day one releases mostly completely bombed.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This is common sense if you don't listen to the lies of shills and look at them both objectively.....80% of their libraries were similar at one point. But now Sony has almost 800 games, 600 if you don't count ps3 streaming, and GamePass is still only at around 300-400. So now PS+ has most of the same 3rd party games that GamePass does, plus hundreds more 3rd party that GamePass doesn't, plus the significantly superior 1st party. All while being $60 cheaper per year....

But I still cancelled my PS+....the price hike was egregious and my backlog is way too massive to justify it.

Gamepass was all about day one games, but those day one releases mostly completely bombed.
Xbox is so slow to release games that even though Sony doesn't do day 1 PS+ releases, they've had more 1st party games release on PS+ than Xbox 1st party have released on GamePass....It's pretty pathetic, Returnal, Rift Apart, Horizon FW, Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Sackboy, etc are all on PS+ while Xbox fans are still waiting on games announced 4 years ago. And Ragnarok should come around the time of the PC Port.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It's been like that for a while now. Plus has more games. the one thing that makes GP appealing are day one releases. Problem is, MS didn't have good games for years now, making that one advantage moot.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Ps+ extra and premium / gamepass services have 0 appeal to me and I struggle understanding why you would pay monthly for games you will never play.

The only thing I can see being reasonable is if you’re new to the ecosystem and don’t want to buy a bunch of games at once. I had extra for a year before I realized I was being robbed

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
online paywall should go away, period, these subscription services need to be good by themselfs and the games they offer
The online paywall is what created the ilusion that these services make any financial sense. They all do terrible on PC because it has no online paywall.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I dislike both services. Initially I thought it was a good deal but the problem is you get hit with choice paralysis and then you end up playing nothing. I ended up finding that there were enough new games coming out all the time that I was interested in buying that I never had time to go back to the backlog on PS+ extra. That's why I only use the basic tier now.

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
My "GamePass" is my Steam Library.

It's curated to my tastes (unlike gamepass) less games (meaning less choice paralysis) and I don't gotta pay to access them every month- I just need an account username and password. Not to mention steam deck cross compatibility

That's one of the reasons why this subscription model isn't the bees knees MS makes it out to be. Maybe it worked in movies but it's failing now due to sub oversaturation, and people don't want another subscription, they just want to own their products

Last edited:
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
My "GamePass" is my Steam Library.

It has about as many games aa gamepass, curated to my tastes (unlike gamepass) less games (meaning less choice paralysis) and I don't gotta pay to access them every month- I just need an account username and password.

That's one of the reasons why this subscription model isn't the bees knees MS makes it out to be. Maybe it worked in movies but it's failing now due to sub oversaturation, and people don't want another subscription, they just want to own their products
And to think MS plan for Gamepass growth was to target the PC audience, they really are clueless.

People will just abuse Gamepass promos while they can but when it comes to pay the actual monthly fee PC players will simply bail.