Outer Worlds 2 Development progressing well, says Obsidian CEO

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Despite his absence, as Obsidian is focusing on Avowed, development of the title is going well, according to CEO Feargus Urquhart.

"Development is going very well; I'm really impressed with the team. We have people on this project who simply understood and worked on the first game,"

Commenting on development, the CEO says that during the pandemic they almost dropped The Outer Worlds II and Grounded to focus 100% on Avowed, but received support from Microsoft not to give up.

We had difficulties in the studio during Covid. We tried to move forward with all these projects. There were conversations about dropping The Outer Worlds II [and Grounded] and just throwing the whole team into Avowed. I thank Microsoft and all the teams, we sat down together and said: no. We'll get there. We'll get there. Not on the original schedule, but we'll get there. And I think that has now been proven.

Grounded looks amazing. Pentiment was incredible. Avowed is going to be great. The Outer Worlds II is looking incredible.

Reactions: KvallyX

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Awesome. Can't wait for Avowed in February and The Outer Worlds 2 in a few years.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Never could get into the first one much. Did finish it but never had too much fun. Played it on GP so maybe I should buy it and give it another try.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
It was such a dumb idea to announce the sequel when the studio had no time to actually work away in the background. All it did was get people to ask when was it coming out and was it in trouble. Better to announce a game when you have a solid foundation for the game and a plan to complete it by the internal release date. It just stifles momentum. I know it wasn't the studio's decision to spill the beans.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Outer worlds 1 was too generic. Only played 6 hours and never touched it again. Hopefully outer worlds 2 is much better.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The most middling 7/10 game that got more sales and attention than it warranted because Todd messed up on 76 🤦‍♂️

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Wonder if Outer Worlds 2 will stay multiplatform. If ts restricted to xbox/pc, ill just either use points to play for free or pirate it.