Overwatch 2's PvE Mode cancelled

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

The basic reasoning being that the resources being used on the PvE was taking too much away from having each season being able to deliver on what they want. They promised bigger and better stuff including single and co-op story missions and released a roadmap through season 7.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This Is Fine GIF

Blizzard devs rn

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I would've never predicted I would care so little about Blizzard games, but it sort of make sense, not every studio is going to be great forever.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I don't think they can, they stained their image already with the accusations, I've seen job postings on their website and LinkedIn as late as 9 months ago that is still active.
The problem is that Blizzard has been trash for so long that they no longer have a steady supply of idealistic college grads to exploit for lower than market pay on the promise of "working for a prestigious developer"

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Always seemed like a bad idea to be honest. A pve game based on hero characters? Super lame.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
The problem is that Blizzard has been trash for so long that they no longer have a steady supply of idealistic college grads to exploit for lower than market pay on the promise of "working for a prestigious developer"
That is not how any of that works, I work in recruiting and they don't hire college freshers unless they have 2 to 4 years of experience and have connections, that is what I said what I said. If you need a reference, look on their website or better yet look on Linkedln.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That is not how any of that works, I work in recruiting and they don't hire college freshers unless they have 2 to 4 years of experience and have connections, that is what I said what I said. If you need a reference, look on their website or better yet look on Linkedln.
100% bullshit. It's been known for years, over a decade even, that Blizzard pays less than competitive major studios in the industry and recruits actively at colleges, mostly for QA. But then they use the severely underpaid QA positions and convert some of them into developer positions, again underpaid. Sure if you're applying to a developer position they won't accept 99% of college grads... but they absolutely do recruit and employ them.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
100% bullshit. It's been known for years, over a decade even, that Blizzard pays less than competitive major studios in the industry and recruits actively at colleges, mostly for QA. But then they use the severely underpaid QA positions and convert some of them into developer positions, again underpaid. Sure if you're applying to a developer position they won't accept 99% of college grads... but they absolutely do recruit and employ them.
Whatever you say expert