Palworld boss says a Switch version ‘might be hard for technical reasons’

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
palworld-d-1440x810.jpg

While not ruling out the possibility entirely, Pocketpair CEO Takuro Mizobe told Game File that doing so might prove difficult from a technical perspective.

During an interview conducted in early June, Mizobe noted that Palworld’s specs on PC are higher than the Switch’s specs.

“So maybe it’s hard to port to Switch just for technical reasons,” he said.

However, in a message published on X on Saturday, Palworld’s community manager seemingly teased plans for a PS5 version of the game.

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Waiting for Bowser to say he can't comment on deals between third parties.

Englishy

6 Jun 2024
But .. maybe Switch 2?

Unless Nintendo have an issue.
It depends on how much juice the Switch 2 will have. If the Switch 2 is a portable PS4 Pro, it's still going to struggle with the majority of current gen games. Even the bland looking stuff requires a lot more RAM than last gen.

• they're_right_you_know

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Doubt it… game runs on potato with GPU with 2GB VRAM and less than 8GB system RAM.
Porting it to Switch should be non-issue just time/money consuming.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Why would Nintendo want this Plagiarism Simulator on their platform. I am all for getting inspired by others works but its like copying LOTR and giving the orcs and elves guns instead of medieval weapons.

• thinking_hard

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Doubt Nintendo would even want this on their storefront. Would sell very well though

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Why would Nintendo want this Plagiarism Simulator on their platform. I am all for getting inspired by others works but its like copying LOTR and giving the orcs and elves guns instead of medieval weapons.
There's a virtual avalanche of trash on the Switch, including shelves of physical shit in retail stores from Outright Games and Gamemill-who even got one of their cash grabs into this month's Switch direct.

So no, thee ffact that the game has Pokemonesque creatures won't stop it, just like it didn't stop Monster Sanctuary or Temtem.