Palworld’ Has Lost Two-Thirds Of Its Players In Two Weeks

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1707751900893.png

While this is certainly not a “Palworld is doomed post,” it is just something I think should be noted about what will unequivocally go down as one of the biggest surprise successes of 2024, despite it being this early into the year.

Palworld managed to snag the #2 concurrent peak of all time on Steam at 2.1 million players. Enormously impressive, and putting it ahead of games like Dota 2 and CS:GO. However, things are starting to drop off rather quickly, despite continued high totals in context.

That 2.1 million peak was about 15 days ago, and now we are seeing things closer to 750,000 instead, with its peaks down around two-thirds over that period of time. Again, that is enough to keep it at the #2 spot on Steam right now, behind only CS2, and still doing multiples of another new “hit” game like Helldivers 2 at 120-150K.

I do wonder about what things look like for Palworld in the long term, however. Was it just a “craze” that will keep losing players precipitously? Or is it something that will indeed have legs and while maybe not be a direct Pokemon rival, something that can at least take some big bites out of the seemingly impenetrable franchise.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I think ppl are indeed also moving to Helldivers.
That and from what I've seen and heard from streamers once you hit max level 50 there's nothing really to do after that they said it's a grind to get to that level and by the time you hit it you've done practically all you can do in the game.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Wonder if Paul Soft, eh wait I mean Micro Tassi...damnit I meant to say Paul Tassi....

yeah anyway, wonder if he still wants Microsoft to buy PocketPair? 🤔
If it's still profiting them I wouldn't doubt it. On another note I wonder when we will see the rebranding of Xbox Games Studios to Microsoft Games Studios?