Palworld out today on PS5 ( Update: not avaialble in Japan)

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Live footage from nintendo hq
me-lol.gif

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just some curios thing…

I had never watched any Palworld video before today… I know the game most due the controversy over the plagiarism… I just saw some screens with comparison…

So I was blind about it.

When it showed in SoP… man there is no mistake… it was Pokémon… if I don’t know Pokémon was impossible to release on PS5 I should say it was a Pokémon game.

It was so obvious… so like to like with Pokémon that now I really understand how big the plagiarism was… Nintendo has all the right on their side to sue them.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Just some curios thing…

I had never watched any Palworld video before today… I know the game most due the controversy over the plagiarism… I just saw some screens with comparison…

So I was blind about it.

When it showed in SoP… man there is no mistake… it was Pokémon… if I don’t know Pokémon was impossible to release on PS5 I should say it was a Pokémon game.

It was so obvious… so like to like with Pokémon that now I really understand how big the plagiarism was… Nintendo has all the right on their side to sue them.

Yep you can’t deny it.

I thought it was Pokemon. Everything about it screams Pokemon.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
So what's this game about?
Its a Rust clone
Open world survival craft
Yknow, chop trees, bash rocks, and then build primitive houses to unlock upgrades to get better tools to better chop trees and bash more rocks to get slightly better building materials, repeat.
Its just that but the gimmick is that you can capture monsters and have them help you fight.

• Informative
Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Its a Rust clone
Open world survival craft
Yknow, chop trees, bash rocks, and then build primitive houses to unlock upgrades to get better tools to better chop trees and bash more rocks to get slightly better building materials, repeat.
Its just that but the gimmick is that you can capture monsters and have them help you fight.

Sounds fun.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Sounds fun.
If you have the survival craft bug you will get hundreds of hours of enjoyment out of it
If you don't, you will get maybe 20 hours of enjoyment out of it. Which, still not bad for $30 imo. It is addictive enough to have fun for a while even if you aren't into that sorta thing. I really liked chucking pokeballs pal spheres at things while just running around, and there's a twisted silly sadisticness to some of the mechanics. Those poor Pals are worked to the bone ;-; (You can have them do a lot of the work for you, like have them cut the trees, mine the rocks, build the tools, etc).

Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
If you have the survival craft bug you will get hundreds of hours of enjoyment out of it
If you don't, you will get maybe 20 hours of enjoyment out of it. Which, still not bad for $30 imo. It is addictive enough to have fun for a while even if you aren't into that sorta thing. I really liked chucking pokeballs pal spheres at things while just running around, and there's a twisted silly sadisticness to some of the mechanics. Those poor Pals are worked to the bone ;-; (You can have them do a lot of the work for you, like have them cut the trees, mine the rocks, build the tools, etc).

I loved don’t starve so I’m going to try this. Thanks for the information.

• party
Reactions: TrishaCat