Perfect Dark New Trailer Released | Xbox Showcase 2024

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Earth has been struck by a series of disasters, bringing ecosystems around the world to the verge of collapse. In this first look at gameplay, follow agent Joanna Dark as she hunts down the world's most wanted criminal, Daniel Carrington, to uncover the mysteries that threaten the lives of millions.

Today, we got a first look at gameplay from Perfect Dark, The Initiative’s highly anticipated reboot of the secret agent series featuring the iconic Joanna Dark.

In the near future, Earth is struck by a series of global disasters, bringing ecosystems around the world to the verge of collapse. In the all-new Perfect Dark game, you experience the journey of Joanna Dark, dataDyne’s elite agent, as she hunts down the world’s most wanted criminal, Daniel Carrington, to uncover the mysteries behind the technological breakthroughs that could threaten the lives of millions of people.

The new trailer showed us Joanna’s descent into the game’s Cairo setting, offered us a glimpse at the mysteries behind this near-future ecological sci-fi story, and introduced us to a game that blends fluid traversal, gadgets, close-quarters combat, gunplay, stealth, and more to create the ultimate secret agent experience.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Looks like Deus Ex engine running Mirror’s Edge.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That trailer seems fine imo but when I think about Perfect Dark.

Well that make back to how it was based in Goldeneye 007 as it sucessor… so what you see in the trailer is not Perfect Dark.

But as a new game it looks good imo.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Very Deus ex vibes to it, looked a bit slow in places but has promise for sure/

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Of course the incels are already at it. Looks good. She looks good. May buy.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Of course the incels are already at it. Looks good. She looks good. May buy.
If you open your mind to understand it is not Perfect Dark I think it is interesting.

For these that wanted Perfect Dark will be vey disappointed.

For me if what they shows near release (when?) grow on me I should end buying it.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
If you open your mind to understand it is not Perfect Dark I think it is interesting.
I haven't played any PD games, so no mind needs opening there. It looks interesting, if its good i may buy.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

For these that wanted Perfect Dark will be vey disappointed.

For me if what they shows near release (when?) grow on me I should end buying it.

Its a Mirror edge game with a Perfect Dark skin.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Holy hidden load times batman. I'll give them props for trying something different at least.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
It looked nice, but this game has been in development for 6 years and they showed the first teaser 4 years ago.
And they couldn't come up with a release quarter? Not even release year?