Persona 3: Reload |Preview thread|

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
capsule_616x353.jpg

Written Previews:

It finally feels like I'm truly exploring, experiencing, and learning the geography of Tatsumi Port Island instead of merely hovering above it.

persona3reload-preview-blogroll-03-1705093563336.jpg

Dota2_P3R_Yukari_convo-1024x576.jpg

6-18_combat_2.jpg

p3r-newmoon-023-1692744831280.jpg

The battle mechanics are exactly what one should expect from Persona games, although actions like switching Personas and analyzing skills feel more modern and seamless than they once were. All-out attacks have also been upgraded with brand-new finishing screens (which are cool) and catchphrases (which are also good). And now, the S.E.E.S. armband is a functional piece of clothing, acting as a gauge to facilitate a new special attack feature called Theurgy. Though it's based on Persona 5's Showtime, Theurgy attacks require heightened emotional states and have special conditions personalized to each character to activate, so it takes more strategy to pull off. I didn't spend enough time grinding in Tartarus to get to everyone's moves, but from what I did see, the results are devastating for the enemy.

Plenty is different back in the outside world, too. First and foremost, I can physically run around 3D city streets and classroom hallways, as opposed to moving a cursor to callout bubbles in a relatively static environment like in past Persona 3 iterations. In general, the camera maintains a tighter shot, making bouncing around locations feel more intimate and nearly first-person. It finally feels like I'm truly exploring, experiencing, and learning the geography of Tatsumi Port Island instead of merely hovering above it. I didn't feel the limitations of a small town in the same way I did prior, where moving from place to place felt more like data entry than a game as the hours wore on. And: I can get a part-time job at the movie theater!

Video Previews:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Infinity

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
would of been perfect if they added the fes and portable content. Still getting it day 1. Good previews.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
would of been perfect if they added the fes and portable content. Still getting it day 1. Good previews.
In terms of the FES content, Reload will still have FES the journey just not FES the answer (epilogue). I have previously thought that this remake was based on the original version from what the IGN interview was dishing out but apparently there was some lost in translation with the interview that lead Sega to come out and reclarified that the main game of FES will be in Reload but the epilogue of FES will be omitted. Don't see why they couldn't include the epilogue though.

Reactions: Infinity