Persona 5 Series Reaches 10 Million Copies Sold Worldwide, Brand Commercial Released

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Persona-Is-Commercial.jpg

Following the announcement that Japanese actor Jun Shison would be appointed brand ambassador for the Persona series, actor Haruna Kawaguchi has now also been assigned as an official ambassador for the franchise.

Two new TV commercials have been released, featuring the two actors, which have begun airing in Japan as of December 15th. The first is the brand commercial “PERSONA IS -WINTER 2023-“. The second is “ANOTHER ME”, featuring Persona 5 Royal and celebrating over 10 million copies sold worldwide in the Persona 5 series.

The Persona 5 series had achieved 9 million copies sold worldwide as of June 2023. This constituted approximately 50% of total Persona series sales. Since then, the release of Persona 5 Tactica on November 17, 2023 was enough to push the P5 games into over 10 million sales, consisting of: Persona 5, Persona 5 Royal, Persona 5 Strikers, Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight and now Persona 5 Tactica.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
P3Reload is next to flop and ignored by buyers. Game Pass fodder.
Persona 3 is my favorite Persona and I'm still skipping it until it gets dirty cheap or gets included on PS+. I won't ever support Gamepass and Sega is insane for siding with Xbox and fully deserves whatever is coming their way because of that.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Cool iirc its on steam and switch. I should check it out I do think the highschool experience it offers is somewhat mid though.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Cool iirc its on steam and switch. I should check it out I do think the highschool experience it offers is somewhat mid though.
Hope it will emulate my high school experience next. Having to wake up 5 am in the morning to walk 11km to go to school, with an empty stomach.

The class in winter doesn't have the heater, the windows is not even closed so either it duct tapes or everyone get the chill of freezer.

Physical classes in fucking snowfield, because fuck you, why not.

Sometimes "real life experience"means cleaning snows in the road and that shit is mandatory, otherwise your "moral grade" gonna down, so repeat the class maggot.

Great time, kids nowadays so fucking soft. We need more shit like that. Just build a school in middle of Hokkaido and shove every entitled brats into it. Should be fun.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Man the commercial is kind of cringe... afaik the 2 actors in the CM have nothing to do with persona.. get the actual vas of like joker or ann or something

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Good for what’s kinda niche (kinda not at all). Yea it’s spread across a few versions, re-releases and spin offs. But all of those have been on sub services mostly and this says raw sales where as subs metrics would lean towards “players” and engagement. Even so… still solid. Persona 5 is a ps3 game.

I loved Persona 5. Im sorta looking forward to Metaphor more than a Persona 6 but that’s also because that’s what’s next anyway. I think I’d prefer the fantasy setting over a classroom.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Think about it. Multi platform. Highly anticipated because it will be 10 years later from the last one or close to it. And persona 5 got rave reviews. As long as persona 6 is good it will sell 10 million units first year.
Even multiplatform the entire persona5 including its spinoffs which added up to 5 games across switch,ps3,ps4,ps5,pc,Xbox series, Xbox one have only 10 mil those are awful numbers considering the first game dropped 8yrs ago. Persona franchise is very very niche. Thats not blockbuster numbers. Just on console that’s a potential install base of nearly 500mil and the best it could do was 10mil which was probably inflated because lots of double dipping. I don’t think person will ever achieve blockbuster status

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Tactica is a massive flop on every market they should be embarrassed to talk about it.

P3Reload is next to flop and ignored by buyers. Game Pass fodder.
The lesson here is: Don’t give your games away on the platform that doesn’t give a shit about them while expecting your formerly loyal audience to keep paying for them.