Phil Spencer on Starfield/Indiana Jones exclusivity: “Don’t want to ever rule out a game going to any other platforms”

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
You mentioned that Starfield and Indiana Jones aren't part of the four despite rumors, but will those ever come to PS5? Can you rule that out?

I don't think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform. We're focused on these four games and learning from the experience.
But I don't want to create a false expectation on those other platforms that this is somehow the first four to get over the dam and then the dam's going to open and that everything else is coming, that's not the plan today. I also don't want to mislead customers on those other platforms. We're launching these four games, and we're excited about it. We're excited about the announce and everything else, but we'll see what happens for our business.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Yeah, despite the attempts to minimize these 4 mystery games coming to mystery other platforms, he did say he believes exclusives will be a much smaller impact on the gaming industry in 5-10 years.