Plaque’s Tales Requiem Confirmed 30fps on consoles. 40fps on 120hz Mode for PS5.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Xbox Series S: 1080p/30fps | 40fps on 120hz (51,90Gb)
Xbox Series X: 1440p/30fps | 40fps on 120hz (51,90Gb)
PS5: 1440p/30fp | 40fps on 120hz (50,03Gb)
PC: 2160p with Max. Settings (47,07Gb) (RTX 4090, 3080, 3070Ti, 3060Ti, 3050)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: laynelane

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
People going wild on Twitter all day.... hilarious.

I'm sure there is room for that Joker meme about gravity and madness.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Is the implication that Microsoft is paying these third parties to restrict games to 30 fps because the series s can’t keep up? Sorry I’m out of the loop.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Is the implication that Microsoft is paying these third parties to restrict games to 30 fps because the series s can’t keep up? Sorry I’m out of the loop.

Its because its the second game for "next gen" to be 30 FPS on Series S/X and PS5

• Informative
Reactions: AniWeeb

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Right but didn’t another developer say it was because of the series s? I believe it was a rocksteady dev.
No, it was some artist guy basically acting like he worked there, and turns out he never did, and had absolutely nothing to do with the game. Also there's dozens of posts from him dumping on Xbox and the Series S.

Just another internet lunatic.

D

Deleted member 13

Series S holding a generation ©️ ™️
How is that even possible? He just explained why lowering resolution wasn't going to just net more FPS. Why are we trying to speculate as to why the FPS is held at 30FPS for next-gen consoles? The PC can run it at 4k/60FPS, so that tells you right there that it's not designed for Series S.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't think Series S has anything to do with 30 fps guys.
Just be real.
Also, this Plague game engine is having some limitations (besides console hardware) . It already showed in original game next gen conversion that it cannot do high resolution and fps.
Also, people need to accept that once real next gen games come out, you really will end up with 1440P 30 fps on both PS5 and XSX.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
How is that even possible? He just explained why lowering resolution wasn't going to just net more FPS. Why are we trying to speculate as to why the FPS is held at 30FPS for next-gen consoles? The PC can run it at 4k/60FPS, so that tells you right there that it's not designed for Series S.
Weak hardware dictate the design and technical decisions... the fact the game could not even reach 60fps lowering the resolution tells you the game was made limited to the hardware capabilities of the weaker hardware than strong hardware.

D

Deleted member 13

Weak hardware dictate the design and technical decisions... the fact the game could not even reach 60fps lowering the resolution tells you the game was made limited to the hardware capabilities of the weaker hardware than strong hardware.
That's complete BS. NO game this entire generation was made to limit the FPS and resolution on purpose for the sole excuse of the Series S can't perform well. There is NO FPS cap or resolution cap on the PC and it's running the same game code as the consoles. I'm running native 4k/60FPS with DLSS on max settings. Why would a game designed around a Series S be completely bypassed on the PC?

What are you guys smoking these days?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
That's complete BS. NO game this entire generation was made to limit the FPS and resolution on purpose for the sole excuse of the Series S can't perform well. There is NO FPS cap or resolution cap on the PC and it's running the same game code as the consoles. I'm running native 4k/60FPS with DLSS on max settings. Why would a game designed around a Series S be completely bypassed on the PC?

So PC is identical to console? So ports are just mystical excuse? 😂 I bet, no one is even speaks about PC.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

There is no bullshit in what I said no matter how you disagree lol
Maybe that is because you are not related to game development... because if you worked at least a bit with that you should not say what are you saying.

Plus your PC example is limited to minimum specs... games are designed with minimum specs in mind and so are hold by these.
And no it doesn't run the same code across platform... there are abstraction layers.... DX uses different code path whatever it is platform... Unreal Engine uses different code path for nVidia and AMD.
Plus PS5 doesn't even use DX lol it API is all difference code path from what you have on PC.

What you say is that Windows and Linux have the same code because they do the same thing lol
Or Chrome and Firefox lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13

There is no bullshit in what I said no matter how you disagree lol
Maybe that is because you are not related to game development... because if you worked at least a bit with that you should not say what are you saying.
What does me needing to make games has anything to do with what I'm saying. Do you make games?

Tell me why Requiem was designed for Series S and only performs at 30FPS and why I can play at larger than 60FPS and have native 4k renders on my PC? If Requiem was designed for Series S, the PC version should look and play like the next-gen consoles.

And no it doesn't run the same code across platform... there are abstraction layers.... DX uses different code path whatever it is platform... Unreal Engine uses different code path for nVidia and AMD.
So now you are going to educate me on what I do for a living? So what code path does the Series S use that's not available on the PC? Are you saying there are different versions of the same graphics engine? Have you ever setup a graphics state machine in DX/OpenGL? Tell me how that would look.

Plus PS5 doesn't even use DX lol it API is all difference code path from what you have on PC.

According to you, the game was coded for the Series S. That's DX. So why are you mentioning the PS5's OS?

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 51

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What does me needing to make games has anything to do with what I'm saying. Do you make games?

Tell me why Requiem was designed for Series S and only performs at 30FPS and why I can play at larger than 60FPS and have native 4k renders on my PC? If Requiem was designed for Series S, the PC version should look and play like the next-gen consoles.

So now you are going to educate me on what I do for a living? So what code path does the Series S use that's not available on the PC? Are you saying there are different versions of the same graphics engine? Have you ever setup a graphics state machine in DX/OpenGL? Tell me how that would look.

According to you, the game was coded for the Series S. That's DX. So why are you mentioning the PS5's OS?
No according to me console game development is held by Series S.

Each platform has it own code path no matter if PC or consoles and developers have to make concessions in what they do due the limitation of lower hardware... in console space it is the Series S... in PC space is the minimum spec choose but the developer. You should be playing it at 120fps or more on PC with your beef PC... the fact it is just reaching 60fps already tells you the game is being held by lower hardware.

And yes... my mammography in University was about game development and yes I had to code it to understand how Drivers, APIs, Engines, etc works to write and defense my project.

Each of these APIs you say it is all equal have different code path for different platforms, hardware, vendors, etc inside... it is called abstraction level.... when you call a function in DirectX internally the function has IFs for each platform, hardware type, version, etc... and no Series X code is not the same as Series S... just because the SDK or Engine makes you believe it is the same doesn't mean that internally MS coders deals with it for you.

The same for Unreal Engine that has code specific for all platforms that it support.
Same for the Tools you are using to whatever you work.
Same for Windows, Linux or Mac.

PC development is based in abstraction layers with specific code for each hardware.

The nVidia and AMD drivers are full of IFs for each single specific GPU they launched... sometime a code works for a family... others for a version of a GPU inside a family and there are cases where specific code are posted to a single specific GPU.

Epic Unreal Engine developer has a lot of docs of how they deal with different code path inside they engine... because a code that works well some GPUs of AMD won't work well on nVidia or others AMD GPUs... so they have to make the best and optimized code path for each either group or single hardware.

You won't find any single example of code that talks with hardware that doesn't have specific lines of codes (or even files with codes) for each different hardware... including hardware versions of the same arch/vendor.