PlatinumGames and Kingdom Hearts 4’s studio each helped develop parts of Final Fantasy 16

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Final-Fantasy-16-12-1280x720.jpg

PlatinumGames and the studio behind Kingdom Hearts 4 have both revealed that they took part in the development of Final Fantasy 16.

The news was revealed during the Final Fantasy 16 Pre-Launch Celebration live stream held during Summer Game Fest.

In a video message, PlatinumGames president and CEO Atsushi Inaba said: “PlatinumGames was graced with the opportunity to develop a part of Final Fantasy 16.

We’d never had an experience to work on a title in this manner, so it certainly took us by surprise when we were first approached.

But the development staff, myself included, were all extremely excited for this opportunity, saying things like ‘it’s the Final Fantasy’ and ‘we’ll never get another chance to work on Final Fantasy’. So we gladly accepted this opportunity and made it happen.

Takahisa Taura, who worked with Square Enix previously on Nier: Automata, led the development staff and the team on the PlatinumGames side. He powered through the development as leader of the team, and I’m confident that the part we handled ended up being high quality content.”

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I consider Vanquish, Platinum's best work, and most underrated yet. As opposed to Bayo or Nier Automata for example. Masters of their craft there nonetheless. FOMO is big with this game... no doubt.

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Not really that suprising, Platinum does lots of work for hire and CBU1(?) is, of course, part of the same company as CBU3, probably in the same building, even.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I consider Vanquish, Platinum's best work, and most underrated yet. As opposed to Bayo or Nier Automata for example. Masters of their craft there nonetheless. FOMO is big with this game... no doubt.
Vanquish is such a masterpiece when it comes to gameplay.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Can't wait for a new nier from platinum. Automata was a top 10 game from last gen to me. Bad performance and all.