Playstation 5 Firmware 7.00 to Include Discord and Cloud Streaming For PS5 Games

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The update, currently scheduled for March 8, 2023 (as revealed by myself in August 2022) will include the full Discord integration that was revealed in 2021.

In addition to the Discord integration, sources have revealed that PlayStation 5 games will also be streamable on the PlayStation 5 via cloud streaming (to save that all-important drive space). It was said that this feature will be included in the PlayStation Plus Premium Tier. The feature, under the project name "Cronus" has been in development and testing for a number of months, sources revealed.

Insider Gaming also understands that the public Beta for the Playstation 5 7.00 update will start in the coming days, with the completion date ending on January 30. However, sources said that beta testers will not be able to use the discord integration functionality during this Beta.

I don't care about cloud streaming, Discord or PS+++ but there are always people that cares ;)

But I fear they start to offer in PS+ the Cloud Stream of the games instead the local version :D

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
If this is real, I wonder if this Discord integration is really going to be a complete one that doesn't require to use your phone, and if the PS5 games are going to be streamed to PS4 and PC.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I wonder if they’re going to rework chat. I’m assuming they are to allow a unified system for cross platform comms. Some games have their comms built-in it but a universal system is the way to go.

And hopefully it’s good. The audio quality of Sony’s own party chat is generally way ahead of anything I’ve used that a game features itself.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
When is forum integration?

Streaming games is a waste of time, dunno why they even bother using resources for it....

Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Slightly, unrelated note because text features from smartphone integration should work just as it does on psn…

How can I disable gyro and touchpad text controls on ps5!? It always switches to them by default and I can’t use the dpad or stick to navigate the keyboard. Those features suck soooo much.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

Streaming games is a waste of time, dunno why they even bother using resources for it....

For me, it's very situational. The only time I have used it was when one of my kitties caused an accident which damaged the HMDI port on my PS4. I was right in the thick of it with Skyrim at the time and was very happy I could keep playing with remote play (since it took a while longer to repair the PS4). Then again, I live in a bachelor apartment so am never that far from my set-up. Could be different for others, though.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
How can I disable gyro and touchpad text controls on ps5!?

How to disable motion and touchpad typing on PS5​

If you don’t want to use motion typing and/or touchpad typing anymore, then you can disable this function by doing any of the following:
  • Select the symbol that has the controller and target sight on the virtual keyboard.
  • Press both the L3 and R3 buttons on your controller at the same time.
  • Press any of the four directional buttons on the directional pad of your controller.
  • Move the left analog stick of your controller in any direction.

• Informative
Reactions: AniWeeb

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
When are patch notes for PS5 games going to be implemented?

How about storing PS5 save games on external media?

More on the "will never happen" wishlist side:

Possibility to downgrade games patch versions/select a specific version to install.

Possibility to download games patches from PC.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I wonder how they added PS5 streaming. PS5 chips in datacenters all over the world? Seems expensive for so little use.

Streaming works well for me when I want to try a game before downloading.

Reactions: laynelane

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

How to disable motion and touchpad typing on PS5​

If you don’t want to use motion typing and/or touchpad typing anymore, then you can disable this function by doing any of the following:
  • Select the symbol that has the controller and target sight on the virtual keyboard.
  • Press both the L3 and R3 buttons on your controller at the same time.
  • Press any of the four directional buttons on the directional pad of your controller.
  • Move the left analog stick of your controller in any direction.

I actually think what I’m experiencing is a situational bug. It usually happens when the chat box pops up in a game to game basis. Not in other instances like directly messaging a player from friends list or ui. I was hoping for a change to default hardware settings. I don’t think they exist yet :(

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Possibility to downgrade games patch versions/select a specific version to install.

1. you can find those on internet. so no need.
2. never, jimbo is in power. milking everything, including disabling that to push you to sign for PS+.
3. it would be nice, for sure, to do it officially. try google it, there is a way to downgrade it. i done that with FF15.
4. what?

what i want :
1. Folders, 3rd year, we still doesn't have them, fucking nonsense.
2. Possibility to download games early, before release, and use it with physical disc day 1. that i could come back home and wouldn't need to install it on released day. this one should be possible to do.

Reactions: arvfab

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

I don't have a PS5 yet so didn't realize you couldn't back-up saves on an external device. That really sucks and considering you can back-up your saves on earlier consoles, it reads like they just want to incentivize people to pay into subscription services.

Reactions: arvfab
D

Deleted member 223

Lol ppl are quick asf on here was about to post this.
You've seen nothing. Bryant gives me founder shares and you will see the thread before it goes live on the PS blog. These cats still slow. #wegrowing. 💰

Anyway, discord integration is nice. Much better for Destiny raid coordination, one of the reasons I dabbled with Destiny 2 on PC for a long time, although, I'm no longer playing.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
1. you can find those on internet. so no need.
2. never, jimbo is in power. milking everything, including disabling that to push you to sign for PS+.
3. it would be nice, for sure, to do it officially. try google it, there is a way to downgrade it. i done that with FF15.
4. what?

Sorry, but 1 is a bit of a bullshit answer. PS4 games still have it and it's a bit of a pain to go and look what version is the latest installed etc.

Regarding 4) I meant to have the possibility to download game updates on PC. Giving the possibility to store them or install via USB.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Sorry, but 1 is a bit of a bullshit answer. PS4 games still have it and it's a bit of a pain to go and look what version is the latest installed etc.

Regarding 4) I meant to have the possibility to download game updates on PC. Giving the possibility to store them or install via USB.
oh, i just disabled any updates. if the games which i am playing gets an update, i just first check that update online and if it is good, i install it. sometimes publishers release bullshit updates, so i check first what other people say. but i get it, what you want. it would be nice, for sure.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

Get Your Billion Back Make It Rain GIF by Billion Back Records

Somehow they think that the clouds will make money rain, this is based on a lack of understanding of basic physics.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Normally I agree. But recently I was catching with a friend online and we fancied some RE1Remake like old days, so he started to play and he streamed it so I can watch lol. Yeah its not needed much but was right for the moment lol

Reactions: Bryank75

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

Icon-Era integration to be beta tested on firmware 8.00 confirmed.......
I wonder how they added PS5 streaming. PS5 chips in datacenters all over the world? Seems expensive for so little use.

Streaming works well for me when I want to try a game before downloading.
PS streaming has improved by leaps and bounds, all these networking companies Sony bought sure did lots of background work for PS Services.