PlayStation announces ChinaJoy 2023 lineup

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Cant wait to play the Great Leap Forward simulator and the 1989 Tiananmen Square Massacre simulator, Next we will deny the Uyghur Genocide and the fact that Taiwan exists?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
With Sackboy, R&C and Helldivers 1 also being there, I assume this lineup includes not only upcoming games, but also games that launched in other/most territories and now also launching in China too after getting approved
Yes, I thought the same

Cant wait to play the Great Leap Forward simulator and the 1989 Tiananmen Square Massacre simulator, Next we will deny the Uyghur Genocide and the fact that Taiwan exists?
As far as I know they don't make politics propaganda videogames like the USA does with settings like Vietnam, Irak, WWII and so on.

Regarding Taiwan, the whole world considers China and Taiwan as the same country. UN and most countries recognize Taiwan as part of China and being governed from Beijing. Only 13 tiny countries like Haiti or Tuvalu recognize Taiwan as the sole government of China. Even if some propaganda from certain country who loves to create wars to bump its military industry and steal resources from other countries killing millions of innocent people during these wars and after them due to sanctions may tell you the opposite.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I went to investigate what are some of these games and tried to find newish trailers:

Awaken - Astral Blade

Exiledge

Evotinction

Will-less

Phantom Blade Zero

Lost Soul Aside

Tower of Fantasy

I don't recognize the other ones because use kanjis, but considering there are 3 with a similar name and one of them having 'VR" and a mountain in the logo I assume these are the 3 Horizon games.

With Sackboy, R&C and Helldivers 1 also being there, I assume this lineup includes not only upcoming games, but also games that launched in other/most territories and now also launching in China too after getting approved
Are you sure it's Helldivers 1? Maybe it's Helldivers 2 but with a different name because Chinese players (like most western ones) don't know what Helldivers is.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
some new games joined the PS China Project. looks good. i hope, they will release those games.