PlayStation India Hero Project incubator program announced, just like China Hero Project

Unchained

5 Dec 2022

Logo-PS-IHP-Black-No-BG-1.jpg

For 20 years, PlayStation has proudly brought compelling entertainment experiences to the Indian gaming community. It has been exciting to see the evolution of the market over this time, and we are more excited than ever for what’s to come.

Today, we are thrilled to announce the India Hero Project. This incubator program aims to identify promising local developers and support them in bringing compelling gaming experiences to global gaming communities.

For 20 years, PlayStation has proudly brought compelling entertainment experiences to the Indian gaming community. It has been exciting to see the evolution of the market over this time, and we are more excited than ever for what’s to come.

Today, we are thrilled to announce the India Hero Project. This incubator program aims to identify promising local developers and support them in bringing compelling gaming experiences to global gaming communities.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
China Hero Project wasn't really a success. I doubt Indie Hero Project will be better.
Nah, both Forged In Shadow Torch and Anno Mutationem were pretty good 8/10-level indie games. I don't think China Hero Project was supposed to put out multi-million seller projects, but rather to help indie devs in China and identify talent. If you want to see a successful AAA-level partnership from Sony in China that'd be Genshin.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
Nah, both Forged In Shadow Torch and Anno Mutationem were pretty good 8/10-level indie games. I don't think China Hero Project was supposed to put out multi-million seller projects, but rather to help indie devs in China and identify talent. If you want to see a successful AAA-level partnership from Sony in China that'd be Genshin.
Yeah they should have tried to acquire miHoYo before Genshin Impact launched. Missed opportunity for Sony.