18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
These are the sales of each PlayStation home console;

PS 102.5m
PS2 155m
PS3 87.4m
PS4 117m
PS5 38.4m

The updated PS5 figures put the total at 500.5 million. That is half a billion consoles. Incredible milestone and with 30 years of PlayStation on the horizon too.

play playstation GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
These are the sales of each PlayStation home console;

PS 102.5m
PS2 155m
PS3 87.4m
PS4 117m
PS5 38.4m

The updated PS5 figures put the total at 500.5 million. That is half a billion consoles. Incredible milestone and with 30 years of PlayStation on the horizon too.

play playstation GIF
Well deserved. But I'm pretty sure that according to VGChartz Xbox should be at 1400 million consoles xDD

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
We’re mostly all predicting this generation to be as long as the 360/PS3 gen due to global economic catastrophe correct? I for sure am; it might even push 10 years if PS5 Pro comes in big.

With that said. PS5 has a good shot at at surpassing PS4. I’d love to see PS2 beat.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Bryank75
D

Deleted member 417

Bloomberg: How Sony's PlayStation console is the most environmentally disastrous console of all time.

Forbes: The Sony PlayStation has a larger carbon footprint than China, Russia and India combined.

Congrats to Sony. They'd have never been able to achieve it if they hadn't have killed Sega and created a monopoly to keep fair competitors like Microsoft from gaining natural market share...

This post is tongue-in-cheek.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They bought a publisher (Psygnosis) with their parent company money, undercut Nintendo on price and killed Sega.

Congrats I guess.
I had a boss who years before was a Sony / SCEE vicepresident during their early days, when acquired them. Seems that Psygnosis wasn't in a good shape and that the acquisition basically saved them from bankrupcy

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
We’re mostly all predicting this generation to be as long as the 360/PS3 gen due to global economic catastrophe correct? I for sure am; it might even push 10 years if PS5 Pro comes in big.

With that said. PS5 has a good shot at at surpassing PS4. I’d love to see PS2 beat.
I have my doubts tbat the oncoming global economic catastrophe is actually going to arrive. Or did you mean the Covid stuff? In that case, no. The Great Recession prolonged things because it meant companies couldn't invest in tech and the market wouldn't have been able to pay for it. Coming towards the laye-middle of a generation was the worst time for people who wanted to move on. Covid, meanwhile, was good for game companies because it kept people indoors, occurred early in the cycle and will ultimately be in the past when 2028 or so rolls around.

Also, I might be a little biased as a Nintendo fan, but I feel like sales dipped towards the end of the sixth gen because people had "enough" games of similar quality already on the used market to choose from. I don't think third parties want to go through with that again.