PlayStation Store Brazil now allows to pay games in up of 4 installments

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
you can buy multiple games on sale like Days Of Play at once and pay them in 4 month installments, this is great and will increase digital adoption very significantly

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
If you ever find yourself wanted to use one of these…. I think you should worry about more important things lmfao. This is how you keep broke ppl broke
In Brazil it is pretty much cultural to buy things this way. Just like in the USA they seem to like stuff like rebate that doesn't seem to exist here.

Some banks (at least mine does) even allow you to pay all installments at once and get a small discount that way.

Very smart of Sony to do this for our market, someone at Sony knows what he is doing.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
If you ever find yourself wanted to use one of these…. I think you should worry about more important things lmfao. This is how you keep broke ppl broke
it may be like this for your country where a game costs only $70, but in a country like Brazil, a game costs $350, the only way someone that receives $1.500 of minimum wage can afford a $350 game is in installments

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
In Brazil it is pretty much cultural to buy things this way. Just like in the USA they seem to like stuff like rebate that doesn't seem to exist here.

Some banks (at least mine does) even allow you to pay all installments at once and get a small discount that way.

Very smart of Sony to do this for our market, someone at Sony knows what he is doing.
Damn ngl that’s hella sad, that’s wild how it’s cultural. People more or less forced into debt…

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Damn ngl that’s hella sad, that’s wild how it’s cultural. People more or less forced into debt…
It's terrible for people with little self control, it makes it pretty easy for you to spend a lot more than you should and if you ever get into credit card debt you are fucked.

For me, I just use it to get like a 1% discount. It used to be a lot more common to get 5% discount for paying all upfront but I feel like it's getting less common over time (all the fees of these "free installments" end up being pushed into the price regardless if you wanted them or not and then they say the option to pay in multiple installments is free 🙃 ).

People also do these installments in up to 12x or even 24x whit installments that are corrected and get bigger over time. :eek:

For Sony it makes complete sense to do it tho, everybody does it here, even Amazon, this will get more people to buy digital.

Last edited:

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
A very useful option for us Brazilians, But I think it could be up to 6x

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Looks like the Brasil PlayStation Store allows you to pay for digital games / add on content in up to 4 installments via the PlayStation app. Unclear if this BNPL model will roll out to other markets. Will benefit gamers in markets where high upfront costs are restrictive.

GPfBJ4JbYAAedD0
GPfBJ4JbAAAvQts

• brain
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
They should offer this in all countries where people have lesser gross national product. Would be actually a smart move to reach new customers.

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
lol, making it easier for people to buy and be legal with their stuff is now wrong...
There's a line. Gambling crossed it when you could start gambling on your phone.
Gaming has crossed it with Fomo and psychological hooks to keep you playing.

If someone is so addicted to gaming that they must buy it on day one, and then split the payments, they should just pirate it, because they need the game more than the company needs the money.
Unless these corpos pushing the idea that a thief needs your car more than you do is no longer the case? 🤔

Games industry: piracy is illegal, you wouldn't steal a car.
Also games industry: let your car be stolen, someone needs it more than you, what they're doing isn't illegal.