PlayStation Store: July 2023’s top downloads

Unchained

5 Dec 2022

It’s time to see which PS5, PS4, PS VR2, PS VR, and free-to-play games topped the download charts this month. The PS5 charts saw dramatic movement, with newcomer Remnant II breaking into the top three. PS VR2 newcomer Synapse and free-to-play game Naraka: Bladepoint also ascended their respective lists.

PS5 Games:

US/CanadaEU
Grand Theft Auto VGrand Theft Auto V
Remnant IIRemnant II
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare IIFIFA 23
FINAL FANTASY XVIF1 23
NBA 2K23Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
Diablo IVDiablo IV
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six SiegeFINAL FANTASY XVI
Mortal Kombat 11Hogwarts Legacy
Hogwarts LegacyNBA 2K23
MLB The Show 23Cyberpunk 2077
FIFA 23Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
STAR WARS Jedi: SurvivorSTAR WARS Jedi: Survivor
PGA TOUR 2K23ELDEN RING
Cyberpunk 2077Need For Speed Unbound
Street Fighter 6Among Us
ELDEN RINGThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
WWE 2K23It Takes Two
Gotham KnightsDead Island 2
Marvel’s Spider-Man RemasteredAssassin’s Creed Valhalla
Need For Speed UnboundMortal Kombat 11

PS VR2 Games*

US/CanadaEU
SynapseSynapse
Beat SaberBeat Saber
PavlovPavlov
Moss: Book IIMoss: Book II
Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s EdgeStar Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge
Job SimulatorJob Simulator
Swordsman VRHubris
Walkabout Mini GolfKayak VR: Mirage
Creed: Rise to Glory – Championship EditionSwordsman VR
HubrisThe Dark Pictures: Switchback VR

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Damn diablo bombed that hard?
It didn't bomb but the season was badly received and there was some backlash because of the patch. The legs are not looking good compared to FF16. We'll see next month.

This is downloads, not sales so I'm wondering if people on PS4 who download GTA and COD on their new PS5 counts in these rankings? It would explain why they're always so high even if they were not actually the "best-selling" games.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It didn't bomb but the season was badly received and there was some backlash because of the patch. The legs are not looking good compared to FF16. We'll see next month.

This is downloads, not sales so I'm wondering if people on PS4 who download GTA and COD on their new PS5 counts in these rankings? It would explain why they're always so high even if they were not actually the "best-selling" games.

PSN gives you a snapshot of their top 10 most popular games “your” country. Warzone and Fortnite are of course at the top. Diablo just dropped out like a day ago.

Tower Fantasy makes an appearance tho… it might be some daily metric.

• brain

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

It's a joke about ffxvi bombing

• Shake

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
PSN gives you a snapshot of their top 10 most popular games “your” country. Warzone and Fortnite are of course at the top. Diablo just dropped out like a day ago.

Tower Fantasy makes an appearance tho… it might be some daily metric.
I know but is that revenue, downloads, sales, searches? It's not really accurate when you want to know actual sales.

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
pNkyKDX.png

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Damn diablo bombed that hard?
Diablo is in alot of trouble, massive amounts of people have already quit, + many many of the popular streamers.

this was a chart one of my friends linked me a on the 26th of last month. That i think was just after the big nerf patch which pissed of alot of people.

I know my friend and i who are big diablo fans recently quit as of 2 days ago, the game to me just does not have the systems in place to make it susceed atm.

The game is a chore to play, beyond boring with very little in terms of what i would call the loot hunt.

It need many seasons, alot more quality of life changes and above all more content, i hope to revisit it in the future, next season or the one after that as i believe the foundations are very solid.

But at present, i would not recomennd the game to a friend.

1691675212706.png

• fire

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This summer has been the strongest for GaaS and rpgs and there’s an overlap with many of those players. Things have been shaken up considerably but I’m still expecting the usual suspects to rule the roost once the dust has settled and everyone returns back to their “main game” after all these new product launches.

Never seen content creators jump from game to game so quickly. From SF, to Diablo, to Remnant, BG3 and leading into Starfield.

Won’t be too concerned about Diablo. It’s not going to dominate (on console) but it’ll truck along better that most. I’m not invested in so don’t really care. The player drops off should be expected for seasonal content.. even steep ones.

Exorpinal tho? Down to 44th place on gamepass. Genius move Capcom…. Then again… street fighter 6 never even charred on Xbox. So I guess that’s something…

• brain