PlayStation VR2 at $350 just before official PC support launches ($200 off)

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
If you were waiting for a substantial price drop to hit Sony’s latest VR headset, then your time is now to score it at the lowest price ever. We are now tracking deals at Amazon and Best Buy that drops PlayStation VR2 to $349.99 shipped. It’s now matched over at Amazon with the same $200 price drop – this is the first time it has dropped below $449 there. Today’s deal marks the lowest price we have tracked for this particular VR headset that works with Sony’s PlayStation 5 console (and PC starting next month). This rare $200 deal has also struck the PS VR2 Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle dropping it to $399.99 from its usual price of $600.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It’s a fantastic piece of tech with a great library of games. It’s sad there is no market for it.
Its kinda like having a new console in the market. They needed some more 1st party banger titles and better price.

Im guessing if you release a title like Half life Alyx or GT7 every 3 months it would temp the people more.
More great games, more hype, more sales, more unit sales. Then more publishers and studios will make AAA dedicated VR games because they want in on the money.
Thing is someone has to lead the way and it has to be a platform holder like Sony, Valve or Meta etc. Bigger 3-5 year investment, big games.

Im gonna buy one probably in October. Mostly for GT7, and hoping RE9 will have VR mode off the bat. And a couple more titles Ive tried anf enjoyed.
Either way the tech isnt going anyway. Unless all the platform holders give up and quit. VR will eventually just get better and better, cheaper and cheaper and have its own small place in the industry

Last edited:
Reactions: Entropi

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Not in Poland of course... not that I am 100 that I would buy it again.
My first time with it was rough. I disliked sweet spot, Fresnel lenses and comfort.
It’s a fantastic piece of tech with a great library of games. It’s sad there is no market for it.
As I said above. It's mid tech. Old lenses, bad sweet spot, focuses on infinity rather than 2meters like oculus (so harder to use without glasses) and oled should be nice but it's grimy. I would be ok with all of that IF it was stable on my head but it's an unstable and slippery halo design that falls down on my nose and constantly moves around.
no.

• angry
Reactions: 2spooky5me
24 Jun 2022
Crazy how PS users are expected to foot the bills because they know PC guys are cheap and broke. Yet they keep bending backwards over for them.

Can't blame Sony/SIE for taking advantage of their gullibility, then. It's not as egregious as Microsoft, but in ways it's been creeping up there :/

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
You need an additional 60 dollar/euro adapter for PC and also missing features.
''PS VR2 was designed from the ground up specifically for PS5 – so you’ll notice that some key features, like HDR, headset feedback, eye tracking, adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback (other than rumble), are not available when playing on PC''.
It is a benefit that it connects to PC now with the additional library and other options especially if you have both platforms, it's a great headset for the price.

I'll get one once the PS5 Pro is out.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Gamerguy84

22 Jun 2022
I initially was like 200 dollars damn I should have waited.

But honestly no I'm good. I've e gotten more than my money's worth so far and played so many games on it, with my kids as well.

GT and RE was worth it by themselves.