Polish Spectrum Studio Boss in Hot Water as “Naked Sauna” outlined as Part of Employees Requirements Surface

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
spectrum-sauna-1536x864.png.webp

In most jobs, you’re required to come to work, do the task that’s assigned to you and call it a day, right? But what if that task involves hopping into a sauna with your boss, naked? Apparently, this is part of the job responsibilities at Polish game studio, Spectrum Studios.

It sounds absurd, right? Sadly, I am not making this up. Jacek Piórkowski, the Creative Director at Spectrum Studios, has been accused of forcing employees and would-be employees to hold creative meeting sessions in the sauna, and preferably naked. According to Piórkowski, it’s because the game’s premise revolves around the sauna, so this is way for developers to understand the creative process (or something).

It seems given this situation has now been making the rounds on Twitter/X, that Piórkowski has started editing his comments.

GQTJCA5XEAA0jjo.jpg%3Alarge

In the next communication exchanges, Piórkowski explains why being in the sauna is part of the job, and it’s not “about getting naked.”

Pca33TycSjeUJVps1fZwPg.png

ZmTqM0pATmWOmyQZk2-zTg.png

In case you think that’s not part of the job description, check out the requirements for the Art Director position posted on LinkedIn,where it’s mentioned minus the “naked” part.

968f35143b6ff7b08ab8ed0246cded10.png

As you can see, there is the “Attending Sauna Sessions” bit in the job requirements that are “not negotiable” since the entire team needs to understand the product.

While I understand where Piórkowski is coming from that he wants the entire team to understand the theme of the game, there are countless other ideas of doing this without coming off as Pervy McPervison.

Currently, Spectrum Studios is working on a “new groundbreaking game” where Life is Strange, Final Fantasy and more titles are mentioned.

Spectrum Studio is working on new groundbreaking game: mix of Life is Strange (Narrative), Final Fantasy (story, characters), Heart of Darkness (adventure levels with dog), The Turyst (exploration and questing) and THPS2 (tricks and specials).

While that in itself doesn’t mention anything about saunas, it all has to do with the game’s protagonist:

Main character will be saunamaster and will be in charge of performing in various saunas (smells, music, choreography, everything).

Source

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I remember watching a film or series once, but I can't remember which; maybe Ozark? Where the guy had to meet the boss of a company in a sauna, or they would not make the deal.

The boss was a woman, and if I recall correctly, that was how they made their deals.

Saying all that, @Bryank75 has just called an Iconera mod meeting after seeing this post; he said to bring towels.:(

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
This is mentioned in the JD of the role and its not like the guy is pulling a fast one and springing it on new hires who had no clue about the requirement.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
In a lot of countries it is normal to do naked sauna sessions with strangers.

Go to Korea,Finland and Japan and see for yourself.

Not everything needs to be sexualised
I’m an American and honestly naked saunas with strangers in Finland seemed like the most natural thing in the world when I visited.

Reactions: Box

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What is the exactly issue here?

They are making a game about Sauna and wants field experience to create it... so they had to put employees inside saunas... it is not required to be naked ou even enter with mixed genders but he advised that by recommendation it is better to enter naked due the infections... it is a recommendation of the organization that regulate saunas in Polish.

I really see no issue here.

She obvious has the choice to take or not the job.

I mean it is like you contracting for a stripper job but the girl wanting the job doesn't want to do the strip lol
So why she even wants the job?

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Honestly, if I didn't know better I'd have thought it was fake, with the cute girl and ugly dweeb guy avatars.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
A picture from the employees visiting a sauna place (Fume is the name).
It is not like they are just taking the sauna for hobby.

And to be fair there is no way to understand the feel of being in a Sauna without going to a Sauna.
You really needs to experience it if you want to create real narratives here.
Without it then you be like Kaz creating a Gran Turismo game without ever driving a car 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I see no issue here. @ethomaz has summed it up well.

There's a joke about trying hard sweats or calling someone a sweaty but I can't put it together.

Reactions: ethomaz

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
I remember watching a film or series once, but I can't remember which; maybe Ozark? Where the guy had to meet the boss of a company in a sauna, or they would not make the deal.

The boss was a woman, and if I recall correctly, that was how they made their deals.

Saying all that, @Bryank75 has just called an Iconera mod meeting after seeing this post; he said to bring towels.:(
I will bring the sented oils.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
"My Narrative girls had to go to sauna with me to came up with amazing script for proof of concept", that is a wild line for someone to say seriously. :ROFLMAO:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I dont see an issue as long as people who aren't comfortable are accomodated (dude mentioned female only saunas). It does have weird optics though ngl

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Seems fair to me.
They are making sauna game so obviously they want people with sauna experience

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
A picture from the employees visiting a sauna place (Fume is the name).
It is not like they are just taking the sauna for hobby.

And to be fair there is no way to understand the feel of being in a Sauna without going to a Sauna.
You really needs to experience it if you want to create real narratives here.
Without it then you be like Kaz creating a Gran Turismo game without ever driving a car 🤷‍♂️

These women are obviously attention seekers and SJW weirdos on resetEra are eating this up. They are taking his words out of context and trying to make him seem like some creepy pervert which is honestly just sad

Reactions: ethomaz