Post-launch updates and what's to come

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Master of the Dark Side
18 Jun 2022
I like being able to change my avatar in one place (Gravatar) and have the same avatar across multiple sites. That way I don't have to change my avatar on a per-site basis. I'm not sure what pain point you're referring to with it being tied to the email address. That's supposed to be the benefit of Gravatar.

Enabled. And I meant that some websites have a very poor gravatar implementation. Sorry if it was confusing.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Master of the Dark Side
18 Jun 2022
Oh I get it @ksdixon

The only way to remove that from showing in the tab itself would be to kill the labels themselves. I just hid the label on the thread title. This is not something we plan on doing as they are useful for search purposes.

@ksdixon I've actually been able to achieve this with a bit of template modification. On mobile it should now not show the thread label :)

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Does the board software allow a preference toggle to turn-off the mouseover previews for threads/members avatars? It makes using forum on desktop more cumbersome imo. Or, if anyone knows the .css values I could knock them off on my end in a userchorme script?

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Master of the Dark Side
18 Jun 2022
Been quite a while.

Working on a couple of visual things for the forum, which will be announced in due time.
@ksdixon I'm honestly not sure how to do it, but I'll take a look into the code.