Predicting PlayStations 2024 moves - MysticRyan

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
He makes awesome videos but doesn't make great predictions. I agree with him this year but disagree in these ones:
  • I don't think PSVR2 will get a price cut a year after release. Its hardware is very expensive and they may be already selling it at a loss but maybe is turned into profit with a couple of PSVR2 game sales, I highly doubt they could reduce more its price
  • I don't see PS3 games leaving the Classics catalog
  • I think it may be too early to show GoT2 in 2024 (GoT + Legends were released in 2020 and GoT DC+Ikki in 2021), I think a 2025 reveal is way more likely, and if they do it in 2024 would be with no release window.
  • Regarding Sony making a surprising uncharacteristic acquisition: I think they will continue making a few very low scale non-gamedev acquisitions (as EVO, Audeze, iSize) or some Asian studio, who is small in console but very successful in mobile + PC Asian market (but with a smaller scale than MiHoyo) as could be the Japanese CyGames (who partnered with Sony and Kadokawa) or Akatsuki.
I'd add a few more 2024 predictions:
  • Helldivers 2 gets low-mid 80s MC and even if not a super hit, ends being good and successful enough on its launch window to get acquired by PS Studios, as happened with Housemarque
  • Asian SIE bets as Stellar Blade, Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside, Phantom Blade Zero get generally well received in the west with one exception who tanks. Not top tier hits but perform well for their niche and get some fans in the west
  • Concord becomes a Halo killer hit most players didn't see coming
  • Ballistic Moon's game gets announced
  • London Studio's new IP gets a teaser announcement
  • Firesprite's Twisted Metal reboot gets announed with a teaser as PS5 + PC F2P
  • Gameplay reveals of Marathon, Death Stranding 2, Wolverine and Fairgame$ are shown
  • TLOUP2 Remaster, GoT and Demon's Souls PC ports are announced and released
  • GoT movie gets a teaser trailer and is announced for late 2025/early 2026
  • GoW tv shows gets a teaser and announced for 2025 with The Rock playing Dwayne Johnson, ultimate waifu Deborah Ann Woll repeating as Krato's waifu and (this is a joke) Tom Holland as Atreus
  • PS+ cloud gaming gets released for smartphones, tablets, PS Portal, smart tvs and maybe via web browser too. You're able to play the Games and Classic catalogs of the sub, but also some of the PS5 games you bought outside the subscription even if you don't own the console
  • No Bloodborne announcement because they have been waiting for FromSoft to be free to work in Bloodborne 2 until recently and plans for a movie/tv show/anime adaptation are in a too early stage. Their plan would be to release somewhere around the end of this decade, all in a single year:
    1. Bloodborne Remastered (PS5 + PS6)
    2. Bloodborne Remastered (PC)
    3. Bloodborne 2 (PS5 + PS6)
    4. Bloodborne (anime?) adaptation

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
My predictions:
PS5 Pro announcement and release.
Astro Bot PSVR Remaster and sequel.
New Uncharted announced by Bend.
Bloodborne Remake or remaster, announcement and released in 2024.
GoT2.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Why is Mystic the only PS youtuber in existence
Because most other youtubers are chasing that ms money for shilling.

Mystic here's not on that fanboy badnwagon where his channel's about jerking off to PS and dissing anything else. The guy just reports facts and then makes his own videos about collections/predictions/whatever.

You have him on PS, BeatEmUps for Nintendo and not a single decent channel for Xbox.

Reactions: GrayWolf323
OP
OP
Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Why is Mystic the only PS youtuber in existence
There are a few others like MBG and smaller creators like NIXNE but MysticRyan definitely has the most recognized and universally liked channel.

He has a degree of professionalism and presentation that separates him.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Because most other youtubers are chasing that ms money for shilling.

Mystic here's not on that fanboy badnwagon where his channel's about jerking off to PS and dissing anything else. The guy just reports facts and then makes his own videos about collections/predictions/whatever.

You have him on PS, BeatEmUps for Nintendo and not a single decent channel for Xbox.
BeatEmUps sucks!

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I don;t watch him but from what little I've seen he actually isn't afraid to criticize Nintendo. To the point they no longer want to sponsor him. Same as Mystic. No suck luck on the Xbox side.
Nah, he was dropped him from the Nintendo ambassador program for discussing CEMU/Wii U emulation 😂 but before that, he would shill so hard for them. Only after he got kicked and stopped getting freebies did he become critical. And when he was kicked from the ambassador program, he wouldn't shut up about it for months. But I don't like how he constantly gaslights and takes advantage of people to send him gifts and donations. Especially when a large part of his audience are children.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnic

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Nah, he was dropped him from the Nintendo ambassador program for discussing CEMU/Wii U emulation 😂 but before that, he would shill so hard for them. Only after he got kicked and stopped getting freebies did he become critical. And when he was kicked from the ambassador program, he wouldn't shut up about it for months. But I don't like how he constantly gaslights and takes advantage of people to send him gifts and donations. Especially when a large part of his audience are children.
I loved his Cyberpunk review though, dude has a good sense of humor and edits good (or has a good editor).

Also, no way that Sony will make a big acquisition like CDPR or even Square, yes they should, but if they intended it, they would have done so by now. They will keep buying up small devs.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
  • No Bloodborne announcement because they have been waiting for FromSoft to be free to work in Bloodborne 2until recently and plans for a movie/tv show/anime adaptation are in a too early stage. Their plan would be to release somewhere around the end of this decade, all in a single year:
    1. Bloodborne Remastered (PS5 + PS6)
    2. Bloodborne Remastered (PC)
    3. Bloodborne 2 (PS5 + PS6)
    4. Bloodborne (anime?) adaptation
happy pirates of the caribbean GIF

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023