Prediction Time! What will be the next Resident Evil Game to be revealed and when will it be?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Back in June I made a video stating I believe Resident Evil 9 is next and will most likely be revealed this summer (June 2024 - September 21st, 2024) With a very slight possibility of it being reveal in late 2024

I am going with an August PlayStation Showcase being the reveal of Resident Evil 9.
I know a lot of people are speculating a September Showcase which September 9th, 2024 is the 29 year Anniversary of PlayStation in North America but I think August might be more likely so they have more room to breath with Tokyo Game Show)
Remember in 2022 and last year both PlayStation and Nintendo had a State of Play and Direct on the same day to get their news out of the way for TGS.

I think An August PlayStation Showcase would be the best place to reveal Resident Evil 9 and then have more info at TGS the next month while Sony shows off more stuff and then Sony has the PS5 Pro Conference in late September after TGS is all said and done.

I personally do not believe a Resident Evil Code Veronica Remake being developed by Capcom DEV 1 is a thing right now.
I also don't believe a Resident Evil 0 Remake is a thing unless a Resident Evil 1 RE Engine remake is being Developed alongside it.

Code Veronica and RE0 being stand alone titles aren't enough to justify Dev 1 at Capcom being taken away from titles that could really sell some numbers like a RE1 Remake Remake or RE5 Remake.
Capcom s a business and can't have a expensive as bomb derail what has been Seven Consecutive Years of Record-High Profits: https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english...for the Year Ended March 2024,Capcom Co., Ltd.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Probably RE9. And yes, it might be on PS Showcase.

And I sure hope RE0 and Code Veronica are being remade. Code Veronica doesn't even have a proper PS4/5 port.

Quite honestly, I'm looking forward to any remakes more than RE9 at this point. If rumors are to be believed, it's not looking much like RE at this point and will be more action oriented like 8. And with how RE2 and 4 remakes turned out, I'd love more of those.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
September

Resident Evil 8 - Island
Do you think if it reveals that month it would be at TGS? and if not do you think it would be both revealed in September and also be shown at TGS as well? I can't see RE9 missing TGS but nothing is impossible since so many mainline RE games have had showings there. But it would be weird to see such a big title get revealed and then shown again so quickly as well.
That is why I think August is a bit more likely for the next RE reveal but it could absolutely be a September reveal