Pretty huge Destiny number this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I mean this was Sunday. Nearly 1.7 million players.

PS - be thankful you can get legit numbers

We will have accurate XBL and Windows Store standings come Wednesday. It’s currently 6th on XBL’a “most played” and 8th on Windows store “most popular” for North America. And this is only with 4-5 days of tracking on those weekly charts.

Umm I want to say this week was as big or bigger than Witch Queen launch itself. I’m actually expecting some kind of circle jerk news release from Bungie on it come their weekly blog.

Please ask how Halo is doing…. 🤣

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
kings fall legit their best raid ever, before all the nonsense convoluted raid they got today.

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I wasn’t a huge fan of King’s Fall back when. Witch Queen’s Vow of the Disciple is my favorite.

However reprised King’s Fall might be runner up. I enjoyed it significantly more than D1 version. The changes were great. Jumping puzzles were easier than you remember thanks to d2 movement. That and being able to get crafting blueprints is a huge motivator since you will build your own godroll… and these perks combinations are stupid powerful. Double damage perks lols

Then followed by either Deep Stone Crypt or Vault of Glass.

Deep stone would’ve been great but it seems to have been designed before the most recent power creep environment and suffers from it to be too easy.

I might be half a day early. So this is tracking either the the full week of the season’s release or 6 days. Would need to check back later or tomorrow morning since I’m unsure of the cadence of these ranking updates.

Windows Store
CC7-D3-B96-D823-4589-8-F25-E4-B126236-F35.jpg

Xbox Live
0-AE7-DD7-F-DD13-46-EC-A878-8-E4-C87-CA93-C3.jpg

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I wasn’t a huge fan of King’s Fall. Witch Queen’s Vow of the Disciple is my favorite.

However reprised King’s Fall might be runner up. I enjoyed it significantly more than D1 version. The changes were great. Jumping puzzles were easier than you remember thanks to d2 movement.

Then followed by either Deep Stone Crypt or Vault of Glass.

Deep stone would’ve been great but it seems to have been designed before the most recent power creep environment and sufferers from it to be too easy.

I might be half a day early. So this is tracking either the the full week of the season’s release or 6 days. Would need to check back later or tomorrow morning since I’m unsure of the cadence of these ranking updates.
Windows Store
CC7-D3-B96-D823-4589-8-F25-E4-B126236-F35.jpg

Xbox Live
0-AE7-DD7-F-DD13-46-EC-A878-8-E4-C87-CA93-C3.jpg

Destiny with 1.68M daily players on all platforms, one of the most played games on Xbox's store, Halo with 1.7K-6K daily CCU on Steam... I think Sony got their "Halo killer".

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
I'm happy for Destiny players. I was there for all the D1 + expansions but I haven't really played D2 since Forsaken. I never actually got to do Raid content which I wish they had matchmaking for, all my friends were on Xbox One or PC and I was a little shy about getting people to teach me raids when they were higher level and experience than me, but I understand why they would not allow matchmaking for it. Anyway it's a good game and I hope the players and Bungie do well from it

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
It has now reached number 2 on Microsoft Windows Store. 6 on XBL.

44611752-2057-49-BF-B0-DF-915-F23018677.jpg

Bungie right now in light of all this Halo grief

3uF.gif

• haha
Reactions: SLB1904
27 Aug 2022
kings fall legit their best raid ever, before all the nonsense convoluted raid they got today.

I agree with you but uh... King's Fall was pretty convoluted, too, lol. I mean maybe not Last Wish convoluted (specifically the boss fight before the end), but still

Reactions: Loy310
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Bro fuck Last Wish.

It’s beautiful. It’s got cool boss encounters. But it also involves learning a new language and a ridiculous legit riven boss fight no one ever does legit. They would need to revisit it and make the weapons craftable for me to ever reconsider. And it’s friggin long.

VoW does symbols too but they’re far more readable.

I’m not too hot on the newest dungeon either. Kings Fall kinda saved the day IMO. The reprise is great and looking forward to dropping oryx again for some craftable loot

27 Aug 2022
Bro fuck Last Wish.

It’s beautiful. It’s got cool boss encounters. But it also involves learning a new language and a ridiculous legit riven boss fight no one ever does legit. They would need to revisit it and make the weapons craftable for me to ever reconsider.

VoW does symbols too but they’re far more readable.

I’m not too hot on the newest dungeon either. Kings Fall kinda saved the day IMO. The reprise is great and looking forward to dropping oryx again for some craftable loot

I'll admit I've never beaten Riven legit but every other section is totally doable by normal humans lol, even Riven I could handle it was just always someone in the raid party that couldn't.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Butthurt bitch. Ain’t no one give a shit about Halo.

Cover bands can never be the real deal.
You've got serious issues, I can't think of a single thread you've made where you don't bring up Halo, and a large majority of your posts you do as well...

27 Aug 2022
You've got serious issues, I can't think of a single thread you've made where you don't bring up Halo, and a large majority of your posts you do as well...

He's a Destiny-focused gamer and Destiny is the true Halo successor from the people who actually made Halo, it's the game they wanted Halo to evolve into but Microsoft wasn't down with it, and look where it got them?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
He's a Destiny-focused gamer and Destiny is the true Halo successor from the people who actually made Halo, it's the game they wanted Halo to evolve into but Microsoft wasn't down with it, and look where it got them?

I love trolling halo to Stan for destiny. Proof is in the pudding. One has been an industry leading IP for the last 8 years and still going strong and the other is Halo. 343 still O for 3.

I also didn’t do that here until the last post. DC got triggered. LOL

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Revived Half Dead

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
The true test of a F2P multiplayer game is longevity, and it's good to see Destiny 2 passing that test. The Witch Queen has surprised me with how popular it's been.

Halo bears no comparison. A 'ten year game' which is dying after less than one 😄

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Destiny fails as a f2p game when it asks players 100$ a year to play most of its content. They still need some more content on that end. Kings Fall helps a bit to make it feel like more than just a launcher.

The general playlist stuff is a bit lame IMO outside of pvp. So I can’t imagine getting anything out of the f2p game unless you are pvp player, and even then you wouldn’t be able to play trials (and maybe iron banner?).

There’s been some decent bumps this last year. It’s not reaching new mega success or anything but the bottom player count numbers YoY seem to have increased. You can argue they grew their hardcore population.

Status
Not open for further replies.