Promising Soulslike Flintlock delayed to 2024 |UP| Spring Showcase 2024 developer diary.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn Combat Developer Diary - Future Games Show Spring Showcase 2024​

Last edited:

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
But what is it promising?

Jank?

Cargo cult imitation of From’s approach to design?

Handjobs behind the dumpster?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn Combat Developer Diary - Future Games Show Spring Showcase 2024​

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
The Devs told the Sweet baby tracker owner to take this game off his list as they had definitely removed all 'controversial' links to SB.
Then he was caught lying and hosting a panel with SB.

Anyway, fwiw, and it should be worth little in a game like this, SB have their sticky jam handed finger prints all over this game.

Luckily this game will make or break on the gameplay, not the story.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The Devs told the Sweet baby tracker owner to take this game off his list as they had definitely removed all 'controversial' links to SB.

Anyway, fwiw, and it should be worth little in a game like this, SB have their sticky jam handed finger prints all over this game.

Good that i didn't preorder it.

• Heart
Reactions: xollowsob

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

i had a look at that steam page today, there are people leaving SB comments all over the place.

• Informative
Reactions: xollowsob

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
That's wrong think right there; report to @Satoru for reconditioning immediately.

Room 101, awaits you.

1984 GIF

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Tbf I think with this being a game focused on gameplay and not story, there's little that can make the game bad, IF the gameplay is good.

If dark souls was all gays and pride flags, it would still play well. In fact, changing Dark Souls from a dark, desperate place to a pink palace full of rainbows and unicorns would be great. Imagine getting merced by a MLP with fangs because you followed the wrong gum-drop trail.

Ok someone needs to make that game.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Game looks good. Was hoping for an actual release date. Oh well. Maybe next week during their extended gameplay reveal.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
All these souls games start blending in together and look/play almost the same.

The genre is becoming oversaturated.
NioH for sure way different.
But overall, i can agree. Most trying to be too close to Souls games, instead of doing their own thing.
But this game looks like exception more than a rule.
Pity, that they went with Sweet baby...

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
All these souls games start blending in together and look/play almost the same.

The genre is becoming oversaturated.
The souls like seeping into everything is way overdue for dying, even Armored Core is tainted with that BS.