PS Link Integration?

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I wonder if Sony will have integrated PS Link into the PS5 Pro this time. They failed to do so with the PS5 Slim which was truly disappointing and a missed opportunity.

This is where I feel like Sony is failing in cultivating a seamless ecosystem experience like Apple does.

Hopefully the PS5 Pro like the PS Portal (which came out before the PS5 Slim) has this integrated on the motherboard. Needing to use dongles in 2025 and beyond simply makes no sense, especially with them removing a USB-A port from the front of the PS5.

The decision to go all USB-C (which I largely approve of) means that if you want to use PS Link adapter you wouldn't be able to use any other USB-A devices at the same time. So if you like to store PS4 games on an external hard drive, it better be a USB-C based drive or you'll have to mess around with adapters (again in 2025...)

Sony should be making every effort to make PS Link a standard in all PlayStation devices moving forward.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Would make it worth the purchase alone if it didn't have the dongle constantly dropping connection

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I feel old and out of touch. What the heck are you guys talking about? What does this feature do?
It's for the pulse explore and pulse elite headphones/earbuds that came out a while ago, it provides a low latency lossless wireless link with the PS5 but needs a USB dongle

Reactions: AllBizness