PS Plus Essential Games Announced For August - Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach and Ender Lilies

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
GT053vbWQAAdEpn

Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced the August 2024 Monthly Games lineup for PlayStation Plus Essential subscribers. All titles will be available from August 6 to September 2.

The full list of Monthly Games is as follows:

• ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights (PS4) – Unravel the mysteries of a destroyed kingdom in this dark fantasy 2D action RPG. Journey through the sprawling and hauntingly beautiful Land’s End, traversing a submerged forest, a sealed-off contaminated underground cavern, and a grand castle. Formidable bosses await that will gladly claim your life given even the slightest chance. Defeat these powerful foes and release them from their unending curse to recruit them as allies. Overcome the challenges before you and search for the truth with powerful knights at your side.
  • Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach (PS5, PS4) – Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach is the latest installment of the family-friendly horror games from Steel Wool Games. Play as Gregory, a young boy trapped overnight in Freddy Fazbear’s Mega Pizzaplex. With the help of Freddy Fazbear himself, Gregory must survive the near-unstoppable hunt of reimagined Five Nights at Freddy’s characters—as well as new, horrific threats.
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (PS5, PS4) – Play through all nine Star Wars saga films in a brand-new LEGO video game unlike any other. Experience fun-filled adventures, whimsical humor, and the freedom to fully immerse yourself in the LEGO Star Wars galaxy. Want to play as a Jedi? A Sith? Rebel, bounty hunter, or droid? LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga features hundreds of playable characters from throughout the galaxy. Whether on land or in space, a variety of vehicles are yours to command. Jump to lightspeed in the Millennium Falcon, fly the T-47 Airspeeder and battle TIE fighters in Resistance X-wings… it’s the ultimate LEGO Star Wars experience

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Ender Lillies was on my wishlist for years but I never bought it because I knew it was coming to PS+ one day 😁

Lego Star Wars is kind of recent and it was never on deep sale? Kinda surprising to get it so early. Good deal!

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Nothing for me. The industry just hasn't produced many good AAA 3rd party games this gen, this in turn has an effect on subscription services.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
nice, always wanted to try this lego star wars, since i played a lot of the two older ones on the ps2

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
After play a bit with my son.

LEGO Star Wars is graphically and mechanically better than LEGO Harry Potter.

That makes me more exited for LEGO Horizon as it is the same developer.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Yawn. I begrudgingly paid my online tax this year to keep playing SF6 but I am quite sure this will be the last year I pay into this trash

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
After play a bit with my son.

LEGO Star Wars is graphically and mechanically better than LEGO Harry Potter.

That makes me more exited for LEGO Horizon as it is the same developer.

Well, buy a Season pass with all additional characters . It is often on discount.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Yawn. I begrudgingly paid my online tax this year to keep playing SF6 but I am quite sure this will be the last year I pay into this trash
I cancelled my sub when they increased the price last year, and it just made me realize how useless and terrible "value" it was. I don't miss it at all. It's cheaper to just rebuy the few games you play online for PC than to pay this scam tax every year.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nym

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Extra/Premium catalogue are announced often later than the Essentials titles.

Might try Ender Lilies good reviews and gives Vanillaware vibes.
I'd expect the updated extra/premium to be announced tomorrow and available around the 19th or 20th of this month. It's usually the case. I'd be very shocked to see no update in any month.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Well yeah it's too early in the month.

For plus you’re saying, which comes later… but this is the essential offering; probably the weakest I’ve seen it all year and heavily skewed to just children.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KvallyX

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
For plus you’re saying, which comes later… but this is the essential offering; probably the weakest I’ve seen it all year and heavily skewed to just children.
I doubt… it is pretty great this time.
LEGO Starwars is legit.
And Ender Likies is great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plextorage

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

I doubt… it is pretty great this time.
LEGO Starwars is legit.
And Ender Likies is great.

Lego Skywalker saga is great Lego game. Testament to the movie saga in a humorous way. And Ender Lilies is one of the best metroidvania game in last few years. I dunno what's wrong with these two games . Calling it skewed towards children. Then he probaby don't like Hollow Knight

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz