PS Plus Extra brings 1225% more PS5 players to The Last of Us Part I

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
the-last-of-us-ps-plus-extra.jpg

There were 1225% more PS5 players hunting down The Last of Us Part I trophies this past week after the game's surprise launch ahead of the PS Plus Extra and Premium October 2024 lineup reveal. That boost makes The Last of Us Part I's PS Plus player count the third-biggest debut on PS Plus Extra this year and one of the ten biggest games to ever hit the service.

The Last of Us Part I gained 1225% player count boost by the end of its debut week (data from the week ending Sunday, September 29, 2024) compared to the previous week. That saw Naughty Dog's PS5 remaster climb over 200 spots on the PlayStation Chart, landing at #19 after sitting at #239 one week earlier.

Source

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
The great thing about putting a game on a subscription service is that it gives the game a chance to be played by more people. People that probably would never have bought the game. But the bad thing about subscription services, is that you don’t make money on the game you put there, in fact you lose money. For example, HFW.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The great thing about putting a game on a subscription service is that it gives the game a chance to be played by more people. People that probably would never have bought the game. But the bad thing about subscription services, is that you don’t make money on the game you put there, in fact you lose money. For example, HFW.
I agree.

But in this case it s a trophy hunter site data...
That means people that already played TLOU on PS3 or PS4 (and got the Platinum) is now playing only because it is on PS++ to get another Platinum.

The data just show that people that already played TLOU is not interested in pay again to play TLOU Part 1.
But these trophy hunters that have PS++ will again get a new Platinum.