PS5 and Xbox largely unpopular with Gen Z in Japan, survey shows

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Consoles are unpopular to Gen Z around the world.
My kid, the next gen, will probably prefer to play games in a smatphones than consoles.
It is not a Japan trend... it is global.
Meh
Ngl, the work commute is absolutely the worst. It takes joy out of life and the job (if it had any to begin with). Thank God my job is hybrid and I mostly work from home.
Tht is me as well :)

• Shake
Reactions: Yuniac

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ngl, the work commute is absolutely the worst. It takes joy out of life and the job (if it had any to begin with). Thank God my job is hybrid and I mostly work from home.
Since 2019 my job is full home (even in my contract)… I don’t like the hybrid way.

But I understand not all jobs can allow full remote… some doesn’t even allow hybrid.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yep, around 70% of the global playerbase plays on mobile or PC

image.png

We know around half of the gamer population is from Asia:

image.png

We know the difference between mobile + PC vs consoles is bigger in Asia than in the west:

image.png

Being specific to Japan, we know they traditionally prefered way more portables over home consoles.

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
Since 2019 my job is full home (even in my contract)… I don’t like the hybrid way.

But I understand not all jobs can allow full remote… some doesn’t even allow hybrid.
Yeah, some don't even allow for hybrid, so im glad and content with it for now. I'm kind of in a leading position so I have to go see and talk to people in person at least once/twice a week

Reactions: ethomaz

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Is the PS5 considerably less popular than the PS4 and PS3 in Japan? Hardly.
Id say its at least as popular as PS4. Not less.
Pretty sure its selling faster in Japan than PS4. PS3 sold more than PS4 in Japan though, so dont think its close

PC being so close to the Switch and DS being above PlayStation make no sense and pretty much makes it clear this is pure BS.
Yep

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom