PS5 Exec Doesn't Want To See Gaming's Future Dominated By Live-Service Games: "Boring"

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Shuhei’s comment’s has already been posted, possibly by you OP. Either way he’s been demoted to irrelevancy so his position on the matter doesn’t hold any weight, bring me all the live service and constant updates you can Sony

Reactions: Box

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Shuhei’s comment’s has already been posted, possibly by you OP. Either way he’s been demoted to irrelevancy so his position on the matter doesn’t hold any weight, bring me all the live service and constant updates you can Sony
Factions is their first gaas and I hope it fails miserably. Then ND go back and make actual games that we want to play.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Factions is their first gaas and I hope it fails miserably. Then ND go back and make actual games that we want to play.
you’re factually wrong. ND has been releasing multiplayer games since Uncharted 2 multiplayer. TLOU 1 factions was my favorite multiplayer experience ever. You clearly have a bias so there’s no use in trying to explain that though.

Reactions: Box

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
No kidding. The doomsayers were always being outrageous. They’re not gonna stop doing what they already do well.

I just hope an arcade racer comes from their renewed online focus. Drive club 2 or wipeout pls (probably not happening :/ )

Reactions: Kokoloko and Box

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I just don't have it in me to play online games anymore. I loved them in the past but I don't think they evolved in the way I hoped they would.

To me the best use of online games these days are stuff like From Software games or Death Stranding.

I would love to get into an MMO or something like that but to me there is just no 2023 equivalent to what WoW was in 2005.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The fact is GAAS games make a ton of profit, look at Genshin and Destiny. It would be foolish of Sony to listen to the "head of indie games" for their future strategy.

Reactions: nongkris

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Hope this means Sony's GAAS plans doesn't mean theiy are steering away from real games.
When Hermen said they were developing over 25 games, they were 30-40 and GaaS were only around a dozen of them.

Also, at least some of them were 'real' games we already saw like GT7 and MLB.

And well, they also had their deals with 3rd parties like Capcom and Square plus tons of indies.

GaaS are only a small part of their game exclusives lineup plans and this GaaS bet is on top of what they already had, an addition. They won't replace the non GaaS games.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Nah, story drivem multiplayer game, yes please.
But hopefully it will help ND expand there studios. 2 Single player game studios, 1 Gaas studio

I dont think Playstation are gonna stop doing what they do best, Single player games. They just need to get in on that Gaas money like Fortnite, GTA and Apex etc

Reactions: Gamernyc78