ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I'm not sure how PS4 launching late in China changes anything... the comparison is by the same period for both... if PS4 launched a year late on China compared with US doesn't change anything.

At least this context is really weird from him.
The others are fine... the console market being smaller is obvious after all PS5 is doing 2x PS4 🤷‍♂️

9 May 2024
Black Myth, Wukong actually carry PS Sale in China, surprising.
While Series S lose it chances in China. MS should have dump that potato long ago.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Black Myth, Wukong actually carry PS Sale in China, surprising.
While Series S lose it chances in China. MS should have dump that potato long ago.
I think we will see big differences in the future... Wukong barely launched... the weigh in PS5 being ahead PS4 is probably minor yet.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Nice, this bodes well for the rest of the games in the China Hero project, I'd imagine Lost Soul Aside is the next big Chinese release.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Without hard numbers this is as useless as the Microsoft "were up 160% in Japan" marketing

But it does prove that games matter

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony said over two years ago that launch aligned (so not related to recent discounts, Wukong or being released later) PS5 was performing in China way better than PS4 did. It also jumped from being top 11 country to being top 6.

image.png

So yes, these things and deals like cool China Hero Project games or ZZZ sure are helping, but before them already was doing a great job.

Reactions: Bryank75

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Sony said over two years ago that launch aligned (so not related to recent discounts, Wukong or being released later) PS5 was performing in China way better than PS4 did. It also jumped from being top 11 country to being top 6.

image.png

So yes, these things and deals like cool China Hero Project games or ZZZ sure are helping, but before them already was doing a great job.
Untapped market really. 700k is like nothing for the size of that country.

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Considering how restrictive China is, these shouldn't be significant sales

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Untapped market really. 700k is like nothing for the size of that country.
Yes, they have a lot of room to grow in Asia, specially in China, lollowed by Korea and India. Consoles there never have been a big thing there, in recent years China has been more open with consoles but regarding gaming they always have been focused on PC and specially mobile.

I think they are doing a good job growing there with all the mentioned initiatives, but I think will be more noticiable once they release more China Hero Projects and specially all the many mobile games they signed with top Asian devs, some of them using PS Studios IPs and once they release more movies/tv shows of their IPs.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024

The devs said they wished they had more resources at SGF, should'v already handled that Sony!
If Sony can find their footing with PS5 over there similar to Apple with iPhone that would be a game changer for the install base & sales but you will need to have consistent stand out big Chinese titles.

Reactions: Bryank75