PS5 surpasses 6 million units sold in Japan - via @Zuby_Tech

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Will it reach PS3 levels? I think it will pass PS4 numbers in Japan.

For a second I thought the title was Astrobot has sold 5 million in Japan lol. I wonder how Japan has marketed this, Ill ask my friends who live in Osaka and Kyoto, I hope its better than the dire FF7 advertisement… almost zero

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
we know there's a lot of these units going to China but this is amazing anyway, we need growth in Asia
Sony should be looking at the PS6 being a hybrid console like Nintendo Switch. It’s should be a handheld like portal that plays games native & can be docked to your tv to play it like traditionally.

PS needs to bring back there cute platformers bring back Sly, Jak & Daxter, Ape Escape, Legend of dragoon, Wild Arms, Gravity Rush & Ratchet & Clank. Many of these like Ratchet, Ape Escape & Jak & Daxter can be annualized like Sega did w Sonic while ensuring smaller budget & quality even explore $40-$50 that are 10 hours minimum & even explore 4 player coop to further attract family/younger crowd who can play with there friends

Also after the success of portal make a PS5 go handheld $400 & a PS5 go mini targeting $300 (PS5 go mini handheld screen is the size of a iPhone 14 Pro) cater to Asia & extend the PS5 gen till 2029/2030