PS5 update. Customise Welcome Hub.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024

''Welcome hub will become available to select users in the U.S. starting later today. We will gradually expand support in other regions over the coming weeks, starting with players in Japan, followed by select countries in Europe, and finally releasing worldwide.''

''In addition, you can also change your Welcome hub’s background. Choose from a range of designs, including some with cool animated effects, or pick out a screenshot from your own Media Gallery for a truly personal touch.''

53988783639_6c1de88363_h.jpg

Other updates:

Party Share
Share party voice chat links on any messaging or social media app via a QR code. Can also be done through the PS app on mobile.

Beta features
- Personalized 3D audio profiles for headphones and earbuds
- Enable remote play for individual users (choose who is allowed to connect to your PS5)
- Adaptive charging; helps save power and life cycle of the battery (not on launch PS5 model!)

PS Blog

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I used to love it as well. I found it FUN. My memory of it is faded now, but I remember things I enjoy.

playstation-home.jpg
Yeah, I have lots of memories.

It started out pretty rough and basic but it got really good and I spent a good bit of money in there.

I bought a big house and loads of customization stuff. Met loads of people too.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah true and maybe that's part of why Sony are hesitant to do Home again.

Home 2 could easily be a HUB for so many players and fans.

Expand on the chill and social aspect, party games from the past, mini games like before.
Promote Evo and other MP games in Home2. Easy to meet people and play.
VR mode
Connect to Discord as Sony has a share.
Playstation stars rewards etc
You have to keep building your fanbase (and fanboys lol)

Reactions: CrackmanNL

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Home 2 could easily be a HUB for so many players and fans.

Expand on the chill and social aspect, party games from the past, mini games like before.
Promote Evo and other MP games in Home2. Easy to meet people and play.
VR mode
Connect to Discord as Sony has a share.
Playstation stars rewards etc
You have to keep building your fanbase (and fanboys lol)
i never met any gamer who didn't like Home. it was great.
Playstation out of pocket with their decisions, Home 2 is no brainer in this time.

you could use it even for marketing, like movies and games. like it had cinema, where you could watch.
imagine other brands. wouldn't they want an ad on the platform with tens of millions of possible customers?
etc etc, possibilities endless.. not for Playstation, how we can see...

OP
OP
CrackmanNL

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Yep integrate Crunchy Roll, Sony Music and other services, premiers, PSX or current events like TGS/Anniversary with demo's.
Have people ''2nd life'' it like a game/role-play on it's own you already see it with VR chat. If there's a GAAS worth pursuing..
idk these execs smh would make an insane USP for PS with revenue possibilities.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark

''Welcome hub will become available to select users in the U.S. starting later today. We will gradually expand support in other regions over the coming weeks, starting with players in Japan, followed by select countries in Europe, and finally releasing worldwide.''

''In addition, you can also change your Welcome hub’s background. Choose from a range of designs, including some with cool animated effects, or pick out a screenshot from your own Media Gallery for a truly personal touch.''

53988783639_6c1de88363_h.jpg

Other updates:

Party Share
Share party voice chat links on any messaging or social media app via a QR code. Can also be done through the PS app on mobile.

Beta features
- Personalized 3D audio profiles for headphones and earbuds
- Enable remote play for individual users (choose who is allowed to connect to your PS5)
- Adaptive charging; helps save power and life cycle of the battery (not on launch PS5 model!)

PS Blog
Awesome update... But I hope the next one is even better though!

Reactions: KvallyX