PSA: Affordable black PS5 plates at Amazon. Only $25!

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just bought black plates because Spiderman ones are perpetually sold out. I must admit these matte black look nice and for $25 you can't go wrong. I'm putting the U.S. Link if anyone is interested. I need to change my stand now.

1697298342806.png

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I have considered buying the DBrand transparent plates for my PS5, but I can't decide between smoke and purple. Also, not a HUGE fan of the way they had to alter the shape of the plates to avoid being sued by Sony, but I guess they did what they had to do.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I have considered buying the DBrand transparent plates for my PS5, but I can't decide between smoke and purple. Also, not a HUGE fan of the way they had to alter the shape of the plates to avoid being sued by Sony, but I guess they did what they had to do.
Seen the clear dbrand and considered, however I just wanted a cheap, gd looking alternative until I finally get my Spiderman ones, if ever.

• Shake
Reactions: toadsage44

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
A can of spray paint is like $8
This is messy, and if I do it myself it will look amateurish.
I have never seen any plates for sale in Ireland.

Controllers are here but no plates, no official ones.
Neither have I seen them in Canada, this is why Amazon exists, so we are not at the mercy of the local store when we need something they thing may not be popular (they may be right... but I still want it).
Seen the clear dbrand and considered, however I just wanted a cheap, gd looking alternative until I finally get my Spiderman ones, if ever.
I got some other offbrand plates shortly after getting the PS5 and now my nephews think that I'm cool, that's all it took!

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This is messy, and if I do it myself it will look amateurish.

Neither have I seen them in Canada, this is why Amazon exists, so we are not at the mercy of the local store when we need something they thing may not be popular (they may be right... but I still want it).

I got some other offbrand plates shortly after getting the PS5 and now my nephews think that I'm cool, that's all it took!
I have about two diff sets and they do the job. My black plates last night were looking awesome lol with my rgb lights underneath.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Meanwhile, the cheapest plates on Amazon Canada are $48.99.

I am strongly considering wood grain plates for mine.
Mine is there incognito in the dark. I love the look.

Attachments

• 20231015_203252.jpg
    20231015_203252.jpg
    897.5 KB · Views: 5

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Eh I have one of those for like uh 15 USD.

Made from China of course, it is bit harder than the stock one

Also you can hear the crackling sound when it cools down.

Also there is not PS or Sony logo there. Whatever