PSA: Be careful, Spider-Man 2 spoilers are already being spread.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Everyone please be on high alert, trolls are already spoiling Spider-Man 2!

Sony shouldn’t have sent keys out so early and it seems like they’ve given it to almost anyone and everyone.

I might go ghost for the next 3 weeks cuz I’m worried trolls will come to this forum to start spoiling.

D

Deleted member 223

Game releases on the 20th and game is already out? The Fuck?

D

Deleted member 223

Early review codes were sent out last week and a bunch of small channels got keys somehow….
Nothing wrong democratizing the pot. Big proponent of that - it's the current times, influencers are here to stay and they have not just their voice but consumer eyes. The only caveat is that the competition got well ahead of Sony in this regard and has compromised assets - so picking and chosing the correct influencers that are PlayStation aligned or really neutral, as opposed to fake neutral is key. You definitely want to touch your "radical" base in the influencer world- it's pure upside.

3-4 weeks out is a bit extreme tho. I would do 1 1/2 weeks out, 2 weeks out max.

At the end of the day this all boils down to the general objective of receiving the best meta aggregate score possible. Not sure what statistics they're seeing that I'm not privy to that made them go this direction, or if it's a ploy to get mind-share buzz around the game. If you want to buy good press - yellow chairs, I guess in this case, "red chairs" or something of this nature (free merch - shirts, spider hoody whatever it's) would be better to set up the hype train in the lead up month before launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Nothing wrong democratizing the pot. Big proponent of that - it's the current times, influencers are here to stay and they have not just their voice but consumer eyes. The only caveat is that the competition got well ahead of Sony in this regard and has compromised assets - so picking and chosing the correct influencers that are PlayStation aligned or really neutral, as opposed to fake neutral is key. You definitely want to touch your "radical" base in the influencer world- it's pure upside.

3-4 weeks out is a bit extreme tho. I would do 1 1/2 weeks out, 2 weeks out max.

At the end of the day this all boils down to the general objective of receiving the best meta aggregate score possible. Not sure what statistics they're seeing that I'm not privy to that made them go this direction, or if it's a ploy to get mind-share buzz around the game. If you want to buy good press - yellow chairs, I guess in this case, "red chairs" or something of this nature (free merch - shirts, spider hoody whatever it's) would be better to set up the hype train in the lead up month before launch.
There is something wrong with it when they’re most likely the cause for early leaks and spoilers.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
YouTube is a major place where people need to be careful of when avoiding spoilers. Pretty much typing in the name of the game only for looking for reviews will unleash a mountain of spoiler thumbnails for said game in your feed. It's a major problem YouTube has had and would be nice if they found a solution to it cause I can't think of one that exist currently.

Reactions: JAHGamer
D

Deleted member 223

There is something wrong with it when they’re most likely the cause for early leaks and spoilers.
Which is why releasing the review codes must occur within a reasonable time-frame.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Thanks to your warning, I've already searching the whole internet for Spider-man 2 leaks, and when I found it, wheww 😮.