PUBG | New Mode Teaser

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It was crazy to think, at one time this game was on everyone's lips, being talked about in every magazine article. I remember seeing advertising all over the place, now its hardly even spoken of.

Reactions: Arc and Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It was crazy to think, at one time this game was on everyone's lips, being talked about in every magazine article. I remember seeing advertising all over the place, now its hardly even spoken of.
Thts why I was surprised to see news and it still around.

Reactions: Sircaw and Arc

Arc

5 Sep 2023

Thts why I was surprised to see news and it still around.
Pretty much what I came here to say. Game is a testament to how a smaller dev can make something cool and innovative, but technically and stability lacking, and just have their lunch eaten by the AAA publishers. Warzone strikes me as just basically a complete thematic replacement for PUBG.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Pretty much what I came here to say. Game is a testament to how a smaller dev can make something cool and innovative, but technically and stability lacking, and just have their lunch eaten by the AAA publishers. Warzone strikes me as just basically a complete thematic replacement for PUBG.
I was wondering if it was maybe Fortnight that sunk this game?

Last edited:
Reactions: Arc

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I was wondering if it was maybe Fortnight that suck this game?
Pretty much the beginning. They just aped the whole concept and did it much more stable, with gorgeous graphics, and more polished gameplay. A big part of the initial appeal was ‘Play PUBG on console and for free!’.

But at least for a while, if you wanted a proper realistic, military shooter, PUBG still had something. Wasn’t long before it lost that too.

The fan in me has to point out Fortnite eventually earned its keep by doing its own amazing things, but there’s no denying that it started out as a rushed clone of someone else’s success.

Reactions: Sircaw