Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart peaks at less than 9k concurrent players on Steam, third worst PC launch for PlayStation game

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Me celebrating these low sales:

they-hated-jesus-because-he-told-them-the-truth-meme-template-u8oqp.jpg

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
It would be better for everyone if Nintendo published their games on steam. They should give up on ever making a decent online system.
Please just stop with the whole better for everyone bs. They owned their games right, they will publish on their own platforms to profit, it is not a charity.

We probably would not have Nintendo games if they gave up their platform.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Please just stop with the whole better for everyone bs. They owned their games right, they will publish on their own platforms to profit, it is not a charity.

We probably would not have Nintendo games if they gave up their platform.

Nintendo is great at game mechanics / puzzle design and nothing else. It sucks that their games are trapped on terrible hardware with lousy controls, and primitive system software.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It would be better for everyone if Nintendo published their games on steam. They should give up on ever making a decent online system.
Everyone except Nintendo and most of their current Nintendo fans that benefit from games developed only to their platform of choice. So it's actually just good to a few of PC player port beggars (some of which might actually buy it).

Nintendo is great at game mechanics / puzzle design and nothing else. It sucks that their games are trapped on terrible hardware with lousy controls, and primitive system software.
So would you be up to buying a more powerful Nintendo console? How about $899, the price of just an RTX 4080 gpu without the rest of the system?

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
How many people would actually buy Nintendo games on PC as opposed to pirating them, which is what they do now? I'm skeptical

Reactions: Nhomnhom

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Everyone except Nintendo and most of their current Nintendo fans that benefit from games developed only to their platform of choice. So it's actually just good to a few of PC player port beggars (some of which might actually buy it).

So would you be up to buying a more powerful Nintendo console? How about $899, the price of just an RTX 4080 gpu without the rest of the system?

Of course not. The value is in being a PC. I wouldn't buy an 899 PlayStation either and I own a launch PS3.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Of course not. The value is in being a PC. I wouldn't buy an 899 PlayStation either and I own a launch PS3.
That was pretty obvious, that's how all you PC extremists are, thinking all console companies owe it to you to port their games. Why should Nintendo care about you? Same goes for Sony but they don't know better.
Piracy on Switch is easy. Remember when Tears of the Kingdom leaked a week early?
Also leaked on PC and was massively pirated.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Nintendo should sell a 200 dollar switch emulator for real gaming hardware so we’re not stuck playing on their shit handhelds.

It’s bullshit that pc players can enjoy vastly superior versions of switch games pre release for zero dollars.

• haha
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Nintendo should sell a 200 dollar switch emulator for real gaming hardware so we’re not stuck playing on their shit handhelds.

It’s bullshit that pc players can enjoy vastly superior versions of switch games pre release for zero dollars.
It's for the great good, Nintendo makes the games, the paying costumer get what is now considered an inferior version, PC pirates play it for free and all the money that would otherwise go to the developers goes the way of AMD and NVidia.