Rate the Nintendo Direct

What would you rate this Nintendo Direct?

• S

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • B

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • C

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • D

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • E

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • F

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Highlights -

1 - Mario vs Donkey Kong Remake Announced
2 - Princess Peach Showtime Announced
3 - Splatoon 3 - Side Order DLC Trailer
4 - Super Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Remake Announced
5 - Luigi's Mansion 2 HD Announced
6 - Unicorn Overlord (Next Vanillaware Game) Announced
7 - Tomb Raider 1-3 Trilogy Remaster Announced
8 - Mario Kart 8 Final DLC Showcased Announced
9 - F Zero 99 Shadow Dropped
10 - Contra Operation Galuga Announced
11 - Another Code Recollection Announced

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
To be honest I'm not exactly happy about f-zero in some ways but it's good they did something after all this time. Contra looks cool as well. Mansion 2 looks like a great update to a pre-existing game I've already got. Princess peach game looks like a weird idea you make to milk a franchise to death and you need the side character to do something interesting. Tomb Raider collection is cool. I like the mario vs donkey kong idea.

Overall I'm happy to wait to buy at least one of these games on sale at some point after the switches lifespan is over.

Reactions: Falcs

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
Mario Thousand Year Door is probably the only thing that appealed to me. I've never played it. And I assume it has similarities to Mario RPG which I loved as a kid. That I'm definitely going to be getting.

Banana

10 Jan 2023
F-zero being a battle royale is extremely disappointing. Nothing in the show interested me. My Switch continues to collect dust.

Reactions: toadsage44

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I liked it. Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario look great. Some others I will definitely try.

I think this is the year I’ve used my switch the most.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
A B/B-. Nintendo's strategy for the time until the next console is announced and released is clear:

Cheap (for them) remakes to push on the nostalgia button and squeeze a few more months from the Switch lifecycle (and money from Switch owners).

I'm happy about the announcements, not so much about some of them releasing only late next year.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Not sure where else to place this, but I’ve been having some serious fun with F-Zero 99.

I think anything that does SNES-based visuals in 2023, and the old tracks, twenty years after F-Zero’s last appearance is going to be controversial as a concession. I’m not ignorant to what people truly wanted; a realistic racer at mind melting speeds, lightning everywhere.

Given that in mind though, and that I’ve always liked the ‘fake 3D’ games, I’m beginning to find this a real, enjoyable installment in the series. The absolute chaos feels like a genuine extension of what F-Zero X started with 30 player races, attacking other cars, and deciding whether to spend/preserve your own energy.

I was wondering at first if it was a bit of a stupid gimmick. I feel like sometimes these 99 games have been. The more I play though, there does seem to be a genuine kind of skill and reward in making your way up the pack and breaking free, where it becomes all about you and a few others maintaining that lead with excellent racing.

Gran Prix is really fun as well. It’s a special event that comes up every so often, and you have to clear five races with the bottom twenty people + kills being disqualified every track. It is absolutely intense trying to survive, wondering how far you should push your energy to stay clear of that rank out.

Jury’s still out, and I reserve the right to dislike this should it become what I fear, lol, but still.