Raven Software Union Files Complaint Against Microsoft And Activision

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
A developers union at Call of Duty studio Raven Software have filed a complaint with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) against Microsoft and Activision Blizzard.

First reported by Stephen Totilo in his GameFile newsletter, the union at Raven Software claims that its parent companies are bargaining in bad faith as well as taking part in “concerted activities” such as retaliation and discipline. There are also allegations of changes in the terms and conditions of employment without agreement of the union.

“After Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard, our members were optimistic that they would progress quickly to a first contract at Raven Software,” CWA president Claude Cummings Jr. said to GameFile. “Unfortunately, that has not happened. We encourage Microsoft to address the concerns raised in the Unfair Labor Practice charge and make reaching a fair agreement a priority.”

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I thought CWA was a wresting association.
It might be soon.

Happy Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
MS - Activision: Get The Facts

Yes, they actually recycled their old propaganda slogan for this. :ROFLMAO:

“We know that the [European Commission] is focusing on the effect the deal will have on consumers, but it cannot ignore the role this deal would have in making the video game labour market fairer for workers.” — Christy Hoffman, General Secretary of UNI Global Union, February 20, 2023

Go fuck yourselves, corrupt pieces of shit.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
White collar workers forming unions is frankly hilarious, These are the same people who made fun of the steel and auto workers when their jobs got outsourced. McDonalds employees will get more sympathy from me than hollywood and gaming industry employees

• Shake
Reactions: toadsage44

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
But I was told that Phil Spencer and co. would swoop in and save the ABK employees from the tyranny of Bobby Kotick and usher in a era of sunshine and rainbows.

Reactions: toadsage44

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
@Welfare

You said it was good for the workers and the union because MS is buying ABK. Can you explain this?
The goal is to increase unionization across the industry and especially within mega corps like Microsoft. After the NLRB review MS will hopefully be compelled to come to the table with what Raven wants.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The goal is to increase unionization across the industry and especially within mega corps like Microsoft. After the NLRB review MS will hopefully be compelled to come to the table with what Raven wants.
Bro just admit that you fell for the kool-aid. It happens. Stop doubling down when now the overwhelming evidence is against your initial supposition.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Wow, that didn't take long. I wonder how long it will take for COD's quality to go downhill. COD will likely be trash well before that 10 year deal is up for renewal.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
This union will fail, the tech industry is very anti union. This wont last and Microsoft as a culture dont keep game devs around long and rarely make them permanent employees. Microsoft is not about to have this union virus spread throughout the company they will find a way to kill it.